Cramping

Laura_C

Reaction score
hi there,

I have been having quite a bit of cramping so far during this pregnancy, only early days as not due until 27th October, my ticker is a few days out, I'm 6 + 2 weeks.

I can't remember this much cramping with Grace, so I'm getting a little concerned! I have had no bleeding or spotting jut lots of cramping! Sometimes is just a constant dull ache then becomes more severe.

I metioned it to my GP a couple of days ago as I have also been having dizzy spells. She was concerned that it could be an ectopic pregnancy. I'm guessig she didn't read my full history and I think I should of pushed for an early scan as I only have one working ovary and Fallopian tube, so if I lose it due to ectopic I wil not be able to have children, I also have endometriosis which carries it's risks.

What do u think I should do, do I push for a scan?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Laura x

Ohhhh ((hugs)) I think cramping is quite normal esp if not accompanied by blood. I had a few sessions early on in the pregnancy where i was laid screaming! The doc did send for an emerg scan (incase of Etopic) and it showed everything was fine. They say etopic pains are sually one sided, and more than likley with blood but yes for your peice of mind i would push for that early scan just to make sure everythings all in the right place. Good luck hunnie xxx

I would ring the doc or midwife and tell them how worried you are. Mine are always missing bits of my records so don't know if that's happend to you? Cramping is thing that we all get i've had it alot, i had lots of lower pain last night but it's gone today but i bet i'll get more later. I think you should push for an early scan if your worried. x

I would definately phone mw back and explain your history and worries. Cramping is common but just to be 100% I'd ask for earlier scan. My mw was very helpful and supportive when I explained my history to her and got me in touch with ultrasound at hospital and they were also very very helpful and have arranged an earlier scan than what I was given so I think it's worth a try!

what about the early pregnancy units , have you one localy, if you have more problems, perhaps you could visit just to run it by them? Hope everythings all ok, it could all be quite normal.

Thanks for your replys x x x

I called the Early Pregnancy Unit this morning and she said because I was also getting a pain in my chest I should go to A&E. The chest pain has subsided now, but basically they weren't having any of it. I told her my history and she just said "it's not us you want, you need to go to A&E". I have got a virus at the moment as well so I reckon the cheat pain is just that, due to cough etc. I would feel like a total fraud going and sitting in A&E, never had this with my daughter I breezed through my first pregnancy. I don't think she really understood that I have valid concerns that could potentially leave me in a position that means I am a unable to have another child.

If it's caught too late then I'm screwed! Not seen midwife yet, not got my first appointment until 23rd March, I'll be about 8+3 weeks. They only come to clinic once a week.

I suppose I'm just gonna have to sit it out and hope that it doesn't get worse. I assume if I he bleeding and it is ectopic it's probably too late as I am guessing my tube will have ruptured.

All it would take is one scan to confirm baby is where it should be! Argh!!

Sorry for moan, just had enough to be honest.

Thanks for your replys x x x

I called the Early Pregnancy Unit this morning and she said because I was also getting a pain in my chest I should go to A&E. The chest pain has subsided now, but basically they weren't having any of it. I told her my history and she just said "it's not us you want, you need to go to A&E". I have got a virus at the moment as well so I reckon the cheat pain is just that, due to cough etc. I would feel like a total fraud going and sitting in A&E, never had this with my daughter I breezed through my first pregnancy. I don't think she really understood that I have valid concerns that could potentially leave me in a position that means I am a unable to have another child.

If it's caught too late then I'm screwed! Not seen midwife yet, not got my first appointment until 23rd March, I'll be about 8+3 weeks. They only come to clinic once a week.

I suppose I'm just gonna have to sit it out and hope that it doesn't get worse. I assume if I he bleeding and it is ectopic it's probably too late as I am guessing my tube will have ruptured.

All it would take is one scan to confirm baby is where it should be! Argh!!

Sorry for moan, just had enough to be honest.

Hi hon,

If I were you I'd get a private scan if they won't give you one, it would be worth it for the peace of mind if you can afford it. I did in fact have an early scan last Saturday and since then have been able to relax and really enjoy the pregnancy. It's not worth the worry and stress of not knowing.

Good luck. xx

I agree with Annie, I'm going for one tomoro, its £50 but worth it for reassurance. I'm glad I'm going really, as have had alot of cramping in last few days and I'm concerned too. I'm sure we're both ok and worrying about nothing, but best to get scan and check. I think ectopic pregnancy's cause excruciating pain though, but that might be as it gets worse. Sorry not being much help here, need to create thread to ask about ectopic's. Hope all is ok x x

Last edited:
In the early hours of the morning I have started bleeding, red fresh blood quite heavy.

Currently sat in a hospital bed, got to wait for scan until first thing tomorrow morning at EPU is open for emergencies then. They have done internal examination and my cervix is closed so it looks likely that it is ectopic.

Nil by mouth after midnight tonight just in case I need to go to theatre.

Totally devastated as it's not looking good, apparently my hcg levels are also lower than they thought they would be. Stuck in here overnight...just waiting for the inevitable : (

I am just praying it's been caught in time.

Laura xx

edit - probably should add I am in very little pain at this stage, very weird but doctor says you don't always have much pain. I think I'll know if tube ruptures cos I'll prob be in agony!!

Last edited:
awk i wish u all the best hun hope all goes well on monday goodluck xxx

Aw hon! Hugs and commiserations if it's what they think. Fingers crossed for tomoz.

big hugs and love to you i hope things work out for you xxxxx

Thinking of you hun, hope all is ok tomoro :hugs: x x

so sorry it had to get to this stage, really hope things go OK on Monday for you.

:hug:

So sorry to hear that Hun, fingers crossed for tomorrow..will be thinking of you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back