veg/ fruit puree

ozzy

Reaction score
Lo has been on rice and cereal for couple of weeks now. i bought hipp organic fruit puree which he really liked too. in the next 2 weeks i want to start making my own.
how do i make a fruit puree? i know i need a blender :think:
how do i freeze and defrost ect safely?
what do u do ?
was going to buy a book but not sure if its worth it as this forum sometimes has the answers!
thanks
x

I steam everything except potatoes.... then I have one of these hand blenders...and once its been cooked to death, I destroy it with the blender. I then pop the goo into ice cubes with lids or I pop em in a plastic bag (carefully) and put it in the freezer. Then at dinner time I take out a couple of cubes, nuke it in the microwave and allow it to cool before serving. Dead simple...

On days where lil miss it throwing a full on "FEED ME NOW" paddy... They just get heated up to edible temp before feeding... She's been fine so far. :) If it was meat based though it would get blitzed every time.

Squiglet said:
I steam everything except potatoes.... then I have one of these hand blenders...and once its been cooked to death, I destroy it with the blender. I then pop the goo into ice cubes with lids or I pop em in a plastic bag (carefully) and put it in the freezer. Then at dinner time I take out a couple of cubes, nuke it in the microwave and allow it to cool before serving. Dead simple...

On days where lil miss it throwing a full on "FEED ME NOW" paddy... They just get heated up to edible temp before feeding... She's been fine so far. :) If it was meat based though it would get blitzed every time.

haha! :rotfl: i love the way you described your cooking techniques there squiglet! Ive heard my OH use the same words when i apparently cook stuff to death and destroy it :evil: lol i should nuke him in the microwave :lol:

when making fruit purees i always cook the fruit first then just blend it. Dont cook or freeze banana though!!! why dont u try a bit of mushed banana with a bit of his milk to make it runny. thats always a great one to try first and its dead simple!

Ive got the annebel karmel meal planner and it has some lovely ideas but i dont have the time to make all those fancy meals but i def think its worth having just as a reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back