Freezing and defrosting baby food

Gemma & Jake

Reaction score
Hi I have just started weaning Jake over the last few days. I am going to cook some carrot in a minute, puree it and freeze it in ice cube trays with lids. Does anyone know how long I can keep veg and fruit in the freezer for and when I defrost it do I have to let it thaw on the side or can I pop it straight in the microwave to defrost and heat it. Also if later on I start freezing pureed meals such as meat and potatoes does the same also apply to that. Thanks for your replies in advance :D

Oh yeah and when you puree just one item of veg on it's own what type of liquid do you add to it to make it puree nicely?

Hi

I puree my fruit and veg with a little formula milk as you cant use cows milk until 6 months. Fruit and Veg can be kept in the freezer for 4 - 6 months. Meat is about 3 months. I asked my HV all these questions at a weaning class a few weeks ago.

I then take two cubes out of the freezer and pop them in the microwave for 45 sec to a min and then allow to cool slightly before giving to the baby. Stir well so no hot spots.

Hope that helps

Hannah X

Where in plymouth are you? I am from Tavistock

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111