Vaginal birth - bruised?

star fish

Reaction score
Obviously this doesnt apply to those who had csecs but for those of you who pushed it out, are you bruised downstairs?

I've found sitting quite painful and kept wondering if my stitches were getting infected or swollen as pain seemed to be spreading forwards to my foof, so i looked in the mirror and I think the whole area looks kind of bruised. Which i suppose makes sense but no one mentioned.

I was bruised, internally tho. Have you tried arnica? That will probably help. Get something soft to sit on like a rubber ring or one of those neck cushions and get your MW to check your stitches. They could be healing up a bit too tight. I had to have 2 of mine undone x

Besides the stitches, I felt like someone had kicked me really hard between the legs! I remember the mw saying it was most probably bruising, traci's advice is good - arnica's a godsend! X

Same as inky they bruised my coccyx with the forceps too but still feel a bit bruised 2 weeks on

mine was black and blue when i looked with a mirror i couldnt believe it , i was walking like john wayne! it eased off after a few weeks x

Try arnica tablets though not cream cos you want your stitches to stay dry x

Yep I was bruised, not nice :(

How's Ur little man getting on star? Xx

That horrible feeling like being kicked by a donkey, I remember it so well! Like the others said arnica is great stuff x

Oh my god, I was in agony for weeks after, I went to the drs to check my stitches weren't infected but they were fine.
I used to eat perched on the edge of the sofa ( a huge no-no for Italians!).
It will get better on it's own though. Xx

I probably was bruised too.
I found it uncomfortable to sit a few days after giving birth.
I also thought that the stinging whilst urinating was one of my stitches from a first degree tear, but after having a look in the mirror, I realised it was actually a graze! My mum said she had the same when she gave birth.

It's healed now, the stinging only lasted a week and the uncomfyness does get better hun. Just take it easy, be gentle when you go to sit down and try not to sit on hard chairs. It will ease in no time xxx

Yup had the same & nearly 12 weeks later still get that sore bruised feeling. Cant big up arnica enough!!

:)

What is arnica? And I'm still getting a bruised pressure feeling...

Littlemiss -did the doctor advise i as normal at your 8week check? I'm waiting for mine as the feeling irritates me x

Yeah it is annoying, I never mentioned it at the check, coz i know its just a normal kinda feeling. Arnica is a herbal tablet, they are the smallest little tablets you can imagine, they reduce swelling & bruising, can get them next to vits in boots ect.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back