Random life update

Lewa

Reaction score
Sooo. had a baby shower on Thursdag night, and it was great :D 29/30 people in total I think :) Both friends of my husband, uni friends and people from church. Nice to have them all together. My friend who threw it for me had done a great job and there was loads of food, nice games etc :) And of course loads of wonderful gifts! I still have them on the floor arranged nicely, as I don't want to wash and put away things yet as then I can't see them all the time :p

Need to wash some of it though as a lot of the clothes in my hospital bag are used, either given to us or stuff I bought on e-bay, but now I have some nice completely new things, and I'd rather have those be pips first clothes... :p

Also had a baby shower during Christmas holiday back home, that one was a surprise one my mom and sister and husband had planned for! I feel so lucky!!

After the baby shower on Thursday I sat up until 3 working on my dissertation.. and got up early Friday and kept finishing it up before going to the midwife at lunch time.

Pip is doing well and was 3/5th engaged! :) I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but at least he's headed in the right direction :) HB and everything else fine too.
Went through my birth plan that I had put in my notes, and midwife said it was really good and great and that I seemed well prepared :)

Went to uni and got feedback on a project before christmas, which had gone really well, and my teacher gave me a gift too :p Another teacher has given me her mobile number as she lives in the same area of the city as me, in case I'll go into labour in Tesco or something and I'll need a ride! So sweet :)

Handed my dissertation in to the university printers, so I'll have two bound copies to hand in on Monday which is the deadline. That was my last uni work remaining from semester 1, so now I kind of have "maternity leave"! Finally!

Hubby was doing all the cooking and cleaning last weak so I could focus on my dissertation, so now the kitchen is a mess :p and I'm looking forwards to get cleaning and organised and get everything ready for Pips arrival!
I've had a few "break downs" because I feel like there's so much left I should do before he comes (dissertation was obviously a big one), and, well, he could come any day now! We have the basics.. so if he comes he'll be fine, but I won't be.. cause the flat is quite a mess to be honest :( We don't even have drawers for Pips clothes! They're washed, organized after size and kind and folded neatly... but they're in little piles on the floor.. good enough for Pip, he won't care, but it's far from ideal...

I want him to come NOW but also want a week or two to get ready for him!

No questions in this post, nothing that's really interesting for anyone else I guess.. but I've been wanting to mention all of these things separately for days, as they've been happening, so now I just made a giant post with it all instead....

Oh, and congratulations to everyone who has had their LO!!!!! :D :D It's so exciting :)

Glad it dissertation is finished :yay:

Sounds like u have had a busy few weeks! I can understand how u feel about having his clothes away. I would be feeling the same as u if it wasnt ready - I'm panicking over the dimmer switch not being fitted, the coat hook by Wong pained and up and having no shelves or canvases for his nursery walls although he won't be in there!!

Hope u manage to get it all sorted before ur Pip arrives. My Pip seems quite happy to stay put at the mo, he wasn't engaged at all at my last mw, next one isn't until 13th feb!!

Yeah, reading your posts about everything you've gotten done makes me freak out a bit more :p I did get all the basics done before writing my dissertation though, as I knew I wouldn't be able to focus on that if his clothes and blankets weren't washed, hospital bag wasn't ready etc.

If you run out of things to do you could always come over here and help out ;)

On my checkup at 36 weeks he wasn't engaged, so I was kind of thinking he'd barely be now, so who knows, your Pip could be engaging as well! :)

I hope so!

I only started mat leave this week so been frantically prepping and making sure I feel kinda ready should he arrive early. I still reckon he is gonna be born on the leap year. Everyone else thinks he will come early but I'm not convinced! Lol!

Have u got his name sorted yet? x

Yeah, knowing that gives me hope that I can get a bunch done too!
Also, I'm glad my MIL is coming to stay for 2-3 weeks now. At first I wasn't.. but it's good to know we'll have proper food and get the dishes done after Pip is born, even if I don't have time to freeze stuff before hand :p

I'm thinking Pip might come between 39-40 weeks... but thinking that makes me think I probably jinxed it and he'll be overdue :p

We almost have a name sorted, we have three names we like, and we'll use two of them. We'll decide which two and in what order once we see him :p
Our favourite is Lucas Emil, but now we've started liking Emil so much that it feels a bit like a waste to only use it as a second name, and maybe we'll want to save it for later... If he's born on valentines day he's going to be called somthing with Valentin or Valentino, probably as a second name, and keep Lucas as a first name. (Hubby is south-american/italian, and has always loved that name, I think it's ok, but feel weird using it as a first name.. so we decided we can use it if born feb 14th :p )
But we really want to see Pip before we make any final decision! To see if we feel that the name suits him... :)
Are you still confident about Henry James then? Or any last minute doubts :p?

Henry James is top of the list, and if he really doesn't look like a Henry he will be Louis James. James is a definately as its my dads and hubby's dads middle name. Henry is definately my fave name tho, which is weird given I really went off it cos of the hoover! Lol! Come round since then and love the name more than I think about the Hoover.

My mil lives a couple of mins away, my mum will be at work but she has time off at the end of feb so it may be well timed! I'm gonna be quite strict on visitors tho, I want the three of us to be able to bond before I get bombarded with people visiting. Gonna put on fb that unless they ring or text and I say they can come round, I won't be letting people in. I'm so not up for people just randomly knocking on the door expecting to be let in! DH only gets 2 weeks off so wanna make the most of it x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back