UTERI VERY POSTERIOR?

BEX101

Reaction score
Any idea what it means? Had a membrain sweep and my cervix was still closed. the MW mumbled something about "..... posterior" and i've just noticed the above coment on the notes. I've no idea what it means.

??????????????????????????????

Hi Hun

Fingers crossed your sweep works.. i am guessing that it means your uterus is still back this is just a guess though as i had a sweep on friday just gone and my cervix was still closed too and she wrote on mine

- Cervix has come forward but not effaced at all OS Closed. (so i guess maybe yours is still back and not come forward?

Not sure if that helps, but hope things happen for you soon :hug:

Thanks Paula,

Did you notice anything after the sweep? They say if it works it's usually within 48 hours? I had quite alot of bleeding for the rest of yesterday and still some today. I'm in quite a lot of pain across the bottom of my bump (that started straight after the sweep) TBH it feels like she tore sumat!

I've also been having irregular braxton hicks contractions, but where befor they were just uncomfortable now they are pretty painfull. I'm not sure if i would go for a sweep again!

I was just about to add this to the post for you i just found on my searches

''This means that your cervix is back behind the babys head. as u go into labour your cervix will come forward''

As for my sweep, i felt a little sore after mine, but nothing has happened and i have had no bleeding at all or anything just the odd braxton hick but she said it didn't look like my body was quite ready, and my 48 hours passed days ago so it didn't work for me...

When i had one with my son, who is 2 now, i was 9 days over due and had the sweep and had a show that evening some blood and few tightings so i went to bed and slept what i could that night and the next day had contractions all day on and off and they really kicked off from 9pm that night and my son was born at 12.55am that evening/morning so it worked that time within 48hrs yes...

To me as you have had some bleeding (as long as she has not tore something! :shock: ) and contraction type pains, it is looking good for you :D Just relax as much as possible just incase im sure they will progress for you soon :cheer: i will keep an eye out for an update :dance:

I am booked in for another sweep on friday i will be 7 days over then so i am a little more positive it may work that time for me...

Good luck :hug:

Thanks, I'll send some luck your way on friday! :wave:

Thanks hun :hug:

Now go rest up, you may need the energy very soon :pray: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member