using hypnotherapy

titch

Reaction score
So Ive been researching this and Ive found a hypnotherapist in Cardiff who offers 4 or 5 individual (mother and birth partner) sessions to prepare for childbirth with a CD to take home to listen to before and during the birth. He also offers an extra session for the birth partner only a few weeks prior to the birth to help them to understand their role and get prepared.

He's asking £250. Its about £20 more expensive than the group hypnobirthing course in my area.

I cant decide if its worth it or not, my OH is typically procrastinating, saying I might not even respond to it but Im starting to think I should just pay for it on my credit card and do it cos I think it would be worth it!

What are peoples thoughts? Is 'hypnobirthing' the only way to go or is that just good marketing? The hypnotherapist calls it 'the relaxed childbirth programme' and it sounds like its quite tailored to individual so dont have many details.

mmmmm..tough one! £250 is alot of money but if you were planning on paying for the hypnobirthing classes anyway £20 more is nothing. I think I would be tempted to go for the normal classes as you know what your getting with that and know other people who have been through them. On the other hand, it would be very interesting to see how effective he is!

can you get some more details about exactly what they cover in the sessions? I could compare them to the hypnobirthing syllabus....

Your 'health in pregnancy' grant of £190 will cover most of it :)

It does sound like a lot, Im using the Mongan book and practising the relaxation in the hope that the methods will help me - positive thinking is going a long way too I reckon. The classes are impractical for me and OH to attend so Im keeping fingers crossed!

It does sound like a lot, Im using the Mongan book and practising the relaxation in the hope that the methods will help me - positive thinking is going a long way too I reckon. The classes are impractical for me and OH to attend so Im keeping fingers crossed!

I think this is the most important tool you can use :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back