Using charting as contraception?

fothers

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had used/is using charting and OPKs to prevent pregnancy- esp if BF?

We probably don't want a big age gap so I don't want to have coil/implant etc and I have just started taking the mini pill a week or so ago and think it is giving me headaches and I have been bleeding slightly since taking it.

I did charting when TTC so was wondering about checking CM/cervix and using OPKs but poss not temping. Hopefully AF won't appear for a while anyway due to BF. If it looked like ovulation was possible we would use condoms.

Has anyone tried this?

i thought this too , are we mad aftr all the months charting to get pregy !

but i think my temp will be far too affected by lil mr sleeping pattern at mo as his up from 2 ish till 6 ish so i aint get my 3 hours sleep !

I was thinking not temping to start with but doing the other stuff and opks or maybe trying to temp too the days where she sleeps through ?

Not sure if opks are affected by BF though?

Sorry your little man is keeping you up so much Gem :hug:

we used withdrawl method for over a year before we started ttc.. my cm changes when i ovulate. and we were always super carefull during that time. i think as long as you can afford an 'accident' to happen then u should be ok.. i mean we are using withdrawl again..and we want another baby one day,hopefully in 3 years ish... but if it happened sooner then so be it..after baby 3,, i think i would be more carefull and use a more 'safe' method.

I would never risk it again, we were using condoms at my fertile times and nothing during the days I was sure at the time were my safe days and i got pg with my angel baby.,

I couldnt take the pill because of the bleeding like you, never had any bother before getting pg tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back