Anyone else charting this month? Or thinking about charting?

janinesboutiqu

Reaction score
Morning Ladies :)

Just wondering if anyone else is charting this month so we can chat about it, compare temps, OPKs etc

OR if not is anyone thinking about charting who might want to see some charts?

As a few of you already know I came off my pill January & have been enjoying TTC since but only recently have I decided to start charting (hopefully increase my chances!) I know it's a strategy that doesnt work for everyone but I love to know whats going on and try get my head around it all & so far so good! I've only been doing it for a few weeks & I'm not expecting to OV for another 3 days so there isn't much exciting to see on my chart yet but I will keep updating it & post it again in a week or so (only if people are interested in seeing it of course lol)

Good luck to everyone in your TTC journey, lots of love xxx

Attachments

• June - chart.jpg
    June - chart.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 18
Hi Janine-I've been thinking about it and would love to give it a try. I'm on day 6 today though am I too late to start? Also, I am totally clueless about charting, where do I start?! Buying a chart and thermometer I guess? Where can I get those from? Sorry, so many questions! I am going to be using clear blue digi opk's starting on day 8 I think which is TUesday. I'm off to google charting now lol :) x

hehe, welcome to the world of charting :) I bought a cheap thermometer off ebay for a couple of pound (& I'm using cheap ebay OPKs as well so noway near as good as your clearblue ones so your chart will be more accurate than mine if anything!) Can you copy and save the copy of the chart i've posted on here? Not sure if thats possible :s if not private message me your email address & I will email you a word doc (& anyone else that wants one x) if you do decide to chart let me know!! Day 6 is definitely not too late to start :) as you can see from my chart I didnt start temping until after my LMP (because I was waiting for my thermometer to arrive!) xxx

I'm not sure as I'm on my iPhone now so I will send my email address just in case. Thank you! I'm going to buy a thermometer on amazon now with speedy delivery lol. Dear God please may I not obsess!! xx

Hi, i chart and i like it because it shows that i have ov'ed and that makes me feel a little relaxed to know that i have!

I struggle some days to temp because I wake up at 3 or 4 in the morning and if i dont pick up the thermometer then i cant get a true reading whe the alarm goes off at 6am because not settled into sleep anough!

xx

Chart sent :) enjoy! I think if its healthy obsession & doesnt stress you out then its fine lol.. everyone is different & what works for one may not work for another - but I love it, I find it fun (yes very sad I know ha!) Let me know how you get on xx

Hi, i chart and i like it because it shows that i have ov'ed and that makes me feel a little relaxed to know that i have!

I struggle some days to temp because I wake up at 3 or 4 in the morning and if i dont pick up the thermometer then i cant get a true reading whe the alarm goes off at 6am because not settled into sleep anough!

xx

Hi KMG - Yeah I agree with you, a massive part of charting is just the relief that you know for sure OV has actually occured because you have so many indictors of it at one time and can visably see it on your chart.. I'm still waiting for mine though grrr.. I thought maybe because my tem has dropped slightly over past 2 days it may be around no but my OPK today didnt even show a faint line, there was nothing there at all - very confusing! xx

Hey just to throw a spanner in the works I chart and always get a temp rise but my consultant said temp is not reliable and he's not sure I ovulate. I've had positive opk too. I still like doing it though as gives me a rough idea x

Hey just to throw a spanner in the works I chart and always get a temp rise but my consultant said temp is not reliable and he's not sure I ovulate. I've had positive opk too. I still like doing it though as gives me a rough idea x

Hiya hun - even with the positive OPKs are they still unsure if you ovulate? I'm sorry to hear that hun cant be easy noit knowing :( I've always read that one method alone is not enough to be accurate i.e. just temp, just CM, or just cervical position but compbined on a chart makes the methods combined a more accurate measure of when you ovulate.. so far mine seems to be making sense.. I've had a temp drop over the past few days and todays OPK was darker than any over day although perhaps not equal to the control line just yet, almost, so hoping tomorrow maybe be my lucky day!

Do you know whether even though a temp rise doesnt mean you have definitiely ovulated that month whether it would signify that IF you have ovulated it would be at that time? x

Hey janine

As my progesterone was borderline he said the jury was out. Said to not even worry about charting as it wasn't reliable. I was always adamant I ovulated as always had temp rise and Ewcm but am trying clomid for the first month. He said the only way to be sure would be to have cycle monitoring, which I didnt want to pay for. It could also be that I'm having sub optimal ovulation which would cause the low levels.

How long have you been charting hun x

I'm thinking about trying charting but maybe next cycle... Especially if you ladies show me how successful it is :) I can see I'll need to lots of research and buy a thermometer. Sounds quite complicated!!!

Hey janine

As my progesterone was borderline he said the jury was out. Said to not even worry about charting as it wasn't reliable. I was always adamant I ovulated as always had temp rise and Ewcm but am trying clomid for the first month. He said the only way to be sure would be to have cycle monitoring, which I didnt want to pay for. It could also be that I'm having sub optimal ovulation which would cause the low levels.

Am I right in thinking what you're saying is charting doesnt guarantee that you have ovulated therefore isnt fully relaible?? or are you saying charting generally even if you know you do ovulate isnt reliable anyway??

Because my alternative to not charting is not trying not preventing and just seeing how it goes so to speak but ive been doing that for 6 months and nout has happened so im thinking i'll try another method - i like to stay open minded and positive to trying all avenues so thats the plan :) xx

p.s. I also see it as charting can only be a bonus on top of what you already are doing to TTC and therefore cant do any harm (as long as you enjoy it & its not an additional stress). I see it as without charting we just used to BD when we felt like it & have fun etc and now we do exactely the same but with the intention of just doing it a little more around that specific time of month so its more like an added back up plan in addition to what we were doing before to increase our chances! Also many people dont need to chart because they check cervical position or have super regular cycles or a pain, CM etc etc but for individuals like myself who dont have regulkar cycles and dont experience much pain I find it really helps xx

Still waiting for my thermometer to arrive. Grrr! Must be a sign lol. Looks like I'll be sticking to the digi opk's this month :)

Still waiting for my thermometer to arrive. Grrr! Must be a sign lol. Looks like I'll be sticking to the digi opk's this month :)

Hehe.. at least you'll get a chance to experiment and find out what works best for you i.e. just OPKs, both temp plus OPKs, nothing at all etc I always think its good to try out lots of different methods to find out whats best for you & maybe even mix it up a bit i.e. trying charting for a few months if you dont like it do something else, no harm in trying :) but I love it! xx

Hey janine

Am I right in thinking what you're saying is charting doesnt guarantee that you have ovulated therefore isnt fully relaible?? or are you saying charting generally even if you know you do ovulate isnt reliable anyway??

Because my alternative to not charting is not trying not preventing and just seeing how it goes so to speak but ive been doing that for 6 months and nout has happened so im thinking i'll try another method - i like to stay open minded and positive to trying all avenues so thats the plan :) xx

Well my consultant said don't rely on it but i definitely think it helps understand your body. I guess there are always cases where it's not reliable but I do think if you see the temp rise it's likely that you are. Like you say as long as it doesn't cause stress I think it helps.

Ims still charting as gives me an idea of when to get my bloods done.

Good luck with it all Hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back