urine infection

frangelle

Reaction score
Lovely thread, I know but just wondered if this was normal....

Everytime I wee, I feel like my bladder is ot completely empty and then I sit on the loo for ages waiting for the rest to come out, and when it does its in short spurts. Is this normal or is this an infection do we think/?

I know you are all so interested to be hearing about my wee :roll:

xxxx

hmm sounds like cystitis which is an infection..when u go to the midwife they will do a urine sample and then give u the treatment :) mention it when u go c the midwife x

Hope you get it sorted hun, sorry cant answer ur question! x

Oooo, i'm a bit of an expert on these!

Do you have any pain/tingling when passing water?

Is your wee cloudy/dark or a bit smelly?

Do you feel as if you are bursting for a wee and then when you go you only get a trickle?

Yes to any of the above and it is probably cystitis/UTI.

Hand a sample into your docs (you should be able to do this without an appointment!) for best results, ask for a red top bottle to pee in. It has a special preservative in it to keep any beasties alive until they get to the lab!

And you thought no one was interested in your wee?? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i had a urine infection, there really awful :hug: Hope it gets better!

Hi thanks for all your replies. The only thing is I thought cysitis hurt when you pee. My wee is pretty normal its just my bladder never feels empty. I think I might go to docs earlier because I havent got to see my midwife for 6 weeks, and it would have driven me insane by then!!!

At y6our stage of pregnancy, your baby is pushing on your bladder giving the full still sensation.....also means you need to get to the loo quick sometimes. But in about 2-3 weeks your uterus will go out the way and the pressure will be relieved.....no more needing but not needing to pee :)

I hope this helps as if it's not an infection then this is normally the reason for it..... and you say it's all normal, not cloudy, not nippy, not sore, not extra smelly, not discoloured...etc..... Wee eh? so many varieties.... :rotfl:

I have a wee issue in that department myself...about to post about it too..
:shock: :oops:
Good luck at doctors...... Lv Yvonne xx

You might be right fynemum as there are no other symptoms, perhaps I'll just ,mention it next time I see the midwife. Like I said, it's not uncomfortable or painful just bl***y annoying especially at night!

I've had this quite a few times, once after I had my amnio so I went to EPAS to get it checked out. They just told me to drink loads of water (we're supposed to drink about 2 litres a day) and some cranberry juice. I had to go to the loo constantly but it certainly helped, and I've tried to continue drinking as much as possible coz it's good for me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back