Smelly urine (sorry tmi)

Charmed

Reaction score
Is anyone elses urine smelly? Mine is pretty strong, so strong in fact that Hubby noticed when he went to the loo after me last night :oops: .

Also my abdomen gets sharpish pains especially when I need the loo which seems to be alot. I wonder if its a urine infection or is this normal in early pregnancy? :think:

On a total hunch charmed hun i would say you might wanna up your fluids intake as strong smelling wee is usually a sign that you're a bit dehydrated :hug: i have been drinking pints and pints of water - loads more than i would usually - have reduced my decaff coffee to only one or two cups a day n the rest of my fluids is water although i drank loads of lucozade and diet coke in the first half of first tri - can't stomach either now though. The baby takes alot of fluids to make the amniotic fluid so the more water or juice you can drink the better it will be for you really :hug: xxxx

I'd up your fluid intake if you have smelly urine. Water is always the best thing :)

If it does not improve from drinking more in the next day or so go drop a urine sample off at your GP's surgery and ask them to test for a UTI.

Weeing lots is normal in early pregnancy (and throughout for some) so its important to keep your fluids up.

Thanks for the advice. :)

I have been drinking more than normal but perhaps not enough so I will give that a go. Thanks again both of you. :hug:

it does sound very much like a uti, it wouldnt hurt to give a sample to your gp today as it can take a couple of days for the labs to carry out the test, but if you ask your gp he might use a dip test which will tell them if there is an infection that way he could give you broad antibiotic before the labs get back to you. :think: im not sure what antibiotics are safe in pregnancy but your gp will know.

When I was pregnant my wee smelt awful! like a Tom Cats! I just thought it was a pregnancy symptom :shock: Must remember that its not for future reference! :lol:

me too i have the same smelly urine :oops: but i think it' one of my pregnancy symptoms

LOL Aww don't worry :hug: It's horrible when I need at wee at work, if someone is waiting to go in after me I cringe!!

I find drinking lots of water helps... I don't actually know what it is, but it's a common thing and heard it can happen all through pregnancy :roll: Typical, we get all the nasty symptoms don't we!

x

I have this too - and was checked for a UTI but all clear. So I don't think it's neccessarily a symptom of UTI - just another delightful pregnancy one.

I agree - drinking lots helps. Problem with that is..am already running to the loo every half hour as it is....and don't even get me started on how many times I get up in the night to pee!!!

My pee has changed smell lol but not too bad I wouldnt say! Everything seems to smell different at the min though!!? hee hee

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back