urine infection and thrush

ashtonsmum

Reaction score
hi there, i am 5 weeks pregnant today and went to docs last week as im very painful in my vagina area, its along my right hand side wall of vagina and sometimes i can get discomfort around bum and right leg when sitting etc. my doctor said i had a urine infection and possibly thrush, i have yellow discharge but no itching, sometimes feels a bit swollen. my urine infection tablets are ending in 1 day and im still in some pain, so think i need to treat the thrush now.

i wondered if anyone had any of these in early pregnancy and if it caused mild pain too or should i be worried? thanks.

I had thrush too in my first trimester; the doctor can prescribe you a pessary and it worked well for me, although it stays inside you for 5 days and comes out slowly it got rid of it. Have you got thrush because of the anti-biotics? Sometimes they can kill off all the good bacteria in your body leaving room for thrush to take a hold. Try getting some live yoghurt or Yakult drinks and have one every day, it will help restore the good guys in your body :)

did you have any pain with your thrush? sorry tmi x

Yes I did, it was painful and as itchy as HELL, I made myself bleed from scratching so badly. Hope it gets better soon :)

I went to the doctors today, and when they tested my urine they found traces of blood. When I was younger I was prone to kidney infections, so they said it's probably that. I have to send a urine sample off Monday morning and then wait for the results. If it's a kidney infection or urine infection they said all I have to do is drink cranberry juice and get some antibiotics from the doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back