Urine test - been called back

Beatlesfan

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I have been called back to the doctor after having a urine test. I had to repeat the test as the first one was dodgy.

I have read about various things of why urine is tested and am a little apprehensive. I am hoping it's a mild urine infection. I must admit when I took the sample I was hardly drinking anything, and my wee was so strong. It had cloudy bits in it also. I didn't have any pain on urination or discomfort.

Has anyone else been called back? Or had an infection? Did you take anti-biotics - are they safe?

Just need my mind put at rest I guess.

BF x

i had an infection when i was miscarrying in dec 05 and had to take antibiotics 3times a day think they are.

ive got concerns i may have infection this time round but unsure so i asked doc to have a check out so i had a swob done yesterday. i will be seeing mw on tuesday coming so i will ask her if it shows the results of it yet or not. hopefully it comes up with negative so i dont have to take more tabs as im already on iron. make sure u eat plenty of iron so u can avoid iron tabs cause their a pain in the :moon: .

Anyway im sure its nothing to worry about and its just maybe your lacking fluids and maybe something to do with fod like protein or calcium :) they will tell you anyway :)

Thanks enn for your advice, I guess if it was something urgent they would have booked me in sooner? Just reluctant to take tablets.... I've always avoided medication where poss, but I suppose I will have to take them if there is an infection.

Hope everything is ok. :hug: Let us know how you get on. I think if it was something serious you would have been called in straight away, so don't worry too much. x x x

hey im sure that you are ok i had to be called back for my urine sample they found that i have mild thrush. they just gave me a tablet. but it will only be a mild thing so dont worry top much

:wave: Doll, Don't worry, Most of the time they ask for another sample because the one you gave has been wasted..... although if there is a small sign of infection then thats really easy to deal with.... Anti-biotics are safe when prescribed by a doctor.... I have had 3 lots this pregnancy and all is well.... I suffer from renal problems.... pass blood and have had some protein and infections in my urine before.... in really early PG.... But if you increase your fluids dramatically..... just over 2 full litres of water a day then i am sure you will be fine....water takes away all the bad stuff from our bodies...... Please don't drink coke, irn bru or any fizzy drinks that have caffine in, or Tea and coffee...even the de-caff stuff carries the risk of increased Miscarriage...... so drink loads of what ever you like as long as it is not Caffine filled..... or decaff....
Good luck... Don't worry... Lv Yvonne xx :hug:

I went back and the test was inconclusive. The nurse said if I was having any symptoms she would be giving me anti-biotics, but as I haven't she has left it and I need to do a restest in two weeks.

Glad it was nothing to worry about... I wasn't keen on taking anti-biotics but I know they would have been safe.

inconclusive means its unsure or it is or isnt init?

glad its went ok anyway :)

Thanks All

Inconclusive - yes, there might have been an infection but nothing specific was picked up - it said a range of cultures (!!!!) TMI....

I'm glad to be Ok and not in pain - I used to suffer really badly with cystitis beofre pregnant so I know what to expect kind of thing. Luckily not been suffering with anything like that.

BFx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back