HELP - Urine Sample

Guadagnia

Reaction score
Hi ..
This is a little :oops:

Ive taken a urine sample to the hospital and it had white what looked to be flaky bits in it (Too much info :puke: )

I asked if they could test it whilst I was there, but guess what they couldnt as they were short staffed. I think I may have a urine infection, anybody else had this ??

Yours worried
Guadagnia

Usually urine is clear, and any cloudiness could be due to an infection. However, I've had the same problem before, and when I mentioned it to my GP, she did a dipstick test, but there was no infection. She says that sometimes, the white bits could come from vaginal mucus and is nothing to worry about.

Do you have any other symptoms, like pain or burning on urination?

Have you been on any form of progesterone suppliments? Tablets, suppositories or anything slightly related?? That can add bits in urine, especially if taken as a suppository. If it was just a cloudy sample it's nothing to worry about though.

Nicola said:
Have you been on any form of progesterone suppliments? Tablets, suppositories or anything slightly related?? That can add bits in urine, especially if taken as a suppository. If it was just a cloudy sample it's nothing to worry about though.
Hi Nicola,
No...just have to wait and see I suppose :roll:

Protien traces are sometimes visable - did you eat well before doing your sample? Doing them when starving hungry isn't advised. Also if you do have a urine infection they can EASILY be treated with a 7-10 day course of pregnancy friendly antibiotics, don't fret about urine samples, by the time you get to giving birth you'll have handed in more pee samples than you ever thought possible! Infections are easily sorted, promise :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back