Urgent help needed!

Pippacarney

Reaction score
I'm really struggling with breast feeding and it's making me so emotional and depressed, I just want my little one to be happy.

I've bought some formula and have yet to use it because the concept on making each feed up like it says on the tin sounds insane!

I've found a post by someone on net mums

'I boil the kettle and fill the sterilised bottles with the required amount of boiled water in the morning for the day. I then add the powder as and when I need them, I take them up to bed with me and when we are going out and pre measure the amount of powder I will need and put it in little pots to shake into the water. I really can't see what the problem with this is because the water is boiled and the bottles are sterile so nothing can grow in them. I chuck out any milk that hasn't been drunk by the baby within 2 hours. The concept of making a bottle from scratch and waiting for it to cool down when your baby is screamimg is totally ludicrus!'

Which makes ssense to me, but is this okay to do? I don't want to harm my baby!

Please help and reply quickly, a mum in dire need of cuddles without feeling ripped apart emotionally.

Thank you

Aw hun I feel your pain I felt the same.

I did bottles the way you describe with my two boys and never did any harm however only you can really decide. It's a subject that people can only make there own choice.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

the reason is the water needs to be 70 degrees to prevent the bacteria issue that changed the way bottles are made up. At the moment if she is going nuts I give 4oz bottles and put 3oz of cooled boiled water in sterilised bottle and then add 1oz of boiling water on top and the temp is just right. I have a travel kettle in the bedroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back