Urge to strangle OH's mum

Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
The wedding is 3 days away and i'm having violent urges towards my OH's mum who is bossy beyond belief.
I'm being ungrateful really as she has done so much to help with the wedding but arggg.

Last night it took half an hour or arguing to get her to order the balloons we wanted. She offered to get them then didn't like our colour choice. My OH was on the phone for ages. I was sitting next to him trying to stay calm whilst muttering under my breath about it being OUR wedding.

The site we ordered the balloons from did red, magenta and burgandy. We had already decided on their ivory ones. Our colour scheme is ivory, silver and a deep, wine-type red. The magenta balloons were too pink, the red were too red, kinda clown red, and the burgandy were brown.
So me and the OH decided ivory and silver would be tasteful. Would she agree, NO. Arg. We won in the end.

I worry for the baby and try not to stress but she doesn't help!!!!

Sorry, i needed to rant :)

:hug: :hug: :hug: MIL are a nightmare, I don't know anyone who gets on fantastically with theirs.
Just remember it's your day and you must do what you want. It's nice of her to help out but that doesn't give her the right to take over.
Maybe she's just excited and getting carried away.

on your wedding day tie ALL the balloons to her and watch her float happily away...dont forget to wave at her :wave: :wave:

xx

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Thanks for that, cheered me up no end, whenever she stresses me out from now on that's what i'll think of :)

muppetmummy said:
:hug: :hug: :hug: MIL are a nightmare, I don't know anyone who gets on fantastically with theirs.
Just remember it's your day and you must do what you want. It's nice of her to help out but that doesn't give her the right to take over.
Maybe she's just excited and getting carried away.

I do me and my MIL get on really well.

Good luck with the wedding im sure you will have a lovely day.

Wedding's getting closer! :cheer:

You will have a brilliant day and the balloon debacle will long be forgotten. Failing that, Tilly's idea made me laugh :rotfl:

Just to defend the poor old MIL, mine is ace, especially as I don't have a mum of my own. She is non-interfering but very helpful, but I know I'm very very lucky and few can say the same.

Interestingly, in the pub quiz last night, the anagram was HITLER WOMAN and I got it straight away... it was MOTHER-IN-LAW!!!!! She was sitting next to me so I couldn't laugh too much.

My MIL looks and acts like Hyacinth Bucket from keeping up appearances, but very scary with it! When i first met OH when I was 19 I was petrified of her! :lol: I hope she hasn't found this site! :shock:
She and FIL have been very good to us over the years, helping us out financially, but she's still a pain in the arse. My brother in law's girlfriend met her once and refuses to set foot in her house ever again! :shock:

my MIL has the best intentions and our best interests at heart but sometimes i just wanna scream at her so i no how you all feel lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back