Upset... what a day :(

scandicmum85

Reaction score
I dont know if Im being silly here or what.. Just left a street party because my OH was getting pissed and really akward!!
Was really looking forward to this party our friend arranged, and I told him not to get too drunk as sometimes he does and he make me embarresed when he is a little drunk.. The day started of really nice, he was talking nicely to our friends how he would love to get married to me etc... We went there 11ish and he been drinking wine since then and now he is drunk and start making me really embarresed by kissing me not nicely infront of every0one and he even went down on his knee asked if i wanted ot marry him then saying he was just joking and it made me really upset as stupid me for a minute believed him... Just really really not happy with him today and drinking like that when im pregnant I dont know felt he was really disrespectful to me and Im really upset now, I had to leave the party because it was getting to embarresing and I think eveyrone noticed.. Just before I left he keep shouting I love you soo much and u really lucky to have me.. He is 37 years old and act like a big kid! Noone else was drunk...:(:(
:(:( I dont know if its normal to get durnk like that here in England ( Im from Norway and our culture is a bit different I think..) I love the parties etc but it was lots of kids there too...

It just sounds a bit like he doesn't know when to stop :hug: x

Awww hun, i hate drunken men! Thats why i don't go to parties with OH because he gets to carried away on the drink and i am not a drinker myself so when everyone is pissed and your not yourself its not much fun. Hope he sobers up and apologises to you. xxx

Dont think I will go out with him again but the problem is he always like a drink when we out with friends etc, just noticed how bad it is now as I dont drink at all and I think he is just being really akward and say so much stupid things, told him today not to drink but he didnt listen to me. He touched my boobs and god how embarresing he is.. Wonder what kind of man Ive got really :( I might sound like a drama queen now maybe Im just being hormonal..

And I hate thinking how badly he behaves WITHOUT me there... He got add and likes a bit of attention, probably being so silly now when I left home.. Really pissed off :(

did u talk to him before u went out? maybe its something to talk about when he is sober? tell him how u feel when he gets drunk etcx

Yes I did tell him before he left. It happened before and really thought he would make an effort for me to have a nice day too.. :(X

Men are a bit silly when they are drunk and go over the top, my hubby is 38 and exactly the same, makes it worse when your pregnant and can't get drunk too. Not very nice he proposed and then said he was joking though, def remind him of your embarrassment tomorrow when he's sober and how you feel, that's what I always do, it usually works for a bit, they just need lots of reminders and being treated like a kid when they act like one.

Yes... I just dont think its nice at all and being drunk is no excuse, he knows how much i want to marry him and it wasnt nice at all he went down on knee in front of everyone etc... Really so angry at him, and he even let me walk home... :(

Sorry to hear your day went bad, you poor thing. I've been having countless issues with my OH being drunk. But there is a big difference, he's not in the same country. He goes out gets drunk and then phones and has a go at me. It happens every Sat and Sun without fail and that is the only time we have to talk because of the hour difference. I used to be a drinker myself so its doubly frustrating as it's like he's rubbing it in my face and saying "look what you are missing". He then can't remember the next day and blames me.

Booze is the root of all evil if not managed properly. People are totally different when drunk-I understand your pain. It was cruel that he asked you to marry him as i joke and was behaving obnoxiously. But it IS the DRINK!

My way of dealing with it, is ignoring him. But that's not so easy if you are in the same house. Try not to let it get to you. Hope it goes OK when he gets back. I'm turning my phone off this weekend as he's having a roof party with his mates for the entire weekend...but that seems to have been the norm since I got pregnant. Not much i can do though.

Im sorry you go through that too but that shows just how much he miss you ??
Yes I will try to igjnore it, just feel really sad as I looked so forward to this day, dressed up nicely and was in great mood this morning.. Now Im all alone home when all friends is over there having a good time and my OH behaving like idiot.... And Im starving, suppose to eat over there but he got bank card and all and its no food in frigde for tea :( Just know he wont be home before late ... x

He just came home really really drunk never seen him soo drunk and he made a real messin bedroom trying to get to bed and is sleeping halfway out of bed. Im shocked...

OMG has he been drinking since 11am??! That's 12 hrs I'm not surprised he's in a state!!! Best revenge start hoovering outside the bedroom door at 8am, or go in and open the curtains, then no offers of brekkie or a drink ;) another trick is to be super sympathetic which makes my oh so guilty he tidies the house and and all sorts to make up for me being so good about him coming home wrecked!

I do think if his drinking is an issue u should have a chat with him tomorrow and explain how hurtful the proposal joke was, I'm sure he'll be aware already of what an idiot he's made of himself!

Hunnie you are not stupid at all.
You have every right to be upset.

He sounds like my father in law (who is much older might I add).
My Mother in law can't stand to be around him when he's drunk as he embarrasses her a lot. She tells him not to drink when they have guests over, but my parents said they could smell alcohol on him the other day when they were invited over. So I think when he went for a cigarette downstairs, he had a quick drink too. He drinks practically every day.

I think you just need to let him chill out and realise how stupid he looked.
Without a doubt people noticed how drunk he was. You shouldn't be embarrassed but I know it's hard not to be.
You're his partner, not his mother. He should act responsible when drinking.

You should tell him how upset you are, ignore him for a few hours and I'm sure he'll realise he was stupid yesterday.
Take care xxx

Yes you are right, Im not his mother and last night I felt like his mother lol.. Just ignored him this morning and slept on sofa last night as I didnt want to put up with his snoring and the stinking alcohol smell, he hasnt really said anything, just more disappointed otdya than pissed off really x

Its a horrible situation to b in. You have lots of good advice n support here tho when u go talk to him. Hope its ok for u x

id of shaved off his eyebrows and denied all knowledge just for a lil payback lol

Men r hard work, I also went to a street party, my Oh got pissed smoked weed n sat there watching me 8 months preg, run around after my 2 year old.... When I said u can help - all I get is either "he won't listen to me" (what 2 year old listens) or your being over the top leave him!! Which I don't really like as I don't care if I'm ott he's my little boy n it takes a minute for them run of or fall over etc so I spent all day running round like a mad woman!

Men r just hard work full stop x

Hoo n then we got home at 9pm n I have to bath n make lil boy a brew n get him ready for bed n put him in bed n get up with him in night haha whilst OH orders pizza sat on his ass x playin on his phone ha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back