• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UPDATED WITH PICS - Jacy90 - William Carson Pettett 01/07/12

jacy90

Reaction score
Hi all! Thought whilst William was having a nap, I'd take the opportunity to write my birth story. I couldn't actually remember half of it, but the midwife kindly went through my labour notes with me to refresh my memory! (Sorry for the long story - wanted to include everything!)

Friday 29th June
Throughout the night - Kept waking up to random pains and needing the toilet Didn't think it was anything 'significant' at the time, but looking back, this was probably the beginnings!

Saturday 30th June
AM - Having bad back pains that remained constant. Tried sitting on my ball, laying down, walking, kneeling, on all fours, everything, but couldn't get into a comfortable position.
11.00am - I had phoned my OH, Craig, asking him to come home from work as the pains were so bad. Didn't think it was contractions though as the pain was in my back, hips and legs, and I thought labour was supposed to happen in your tummy! (especially considering the midwives had said my baby was in the perfect position at every appointment before!) Craig came home to help me put on the TENS machine, but had to go out to finish his job (another hour and a half). TENS not really working as the connection was temperamental, but it gave me a distraction and something to get angry at!
PM - Craig was noticing that I complained of more pain in waves so decided to time them. He then phoned the midwife (despite my protests as I was SURE I wasn't in labour - I wasn't due for another week anyway!). Both midwife and Craig agreed that it did sound like I was in labour, and to continue timing until they were more regular.
20.30 - my "contractions" were lasting 50 secs every 4-5 mins, so Craig rang midwife again who said to come in. Reluctantly (I was still in denial), I got all my stuff together, and we took the half an hour drive to the birthing centre (with me complaining on the way as the bumps were exacerbating the pains!)
22.30 - arrived at birthing centre and got 'checked in'. Found baby had turned sideways (ear to my spine), which explained back and hip pain. Had an internal (very painful) and I was 4cm! So got taken to the Birthing suite! By now, I was feeling a bit shocked that I actually was in labour and baby's actually coming! They found ketones in my urine though, so the midwife was worried about me not having enough energy - cue both Craig and midwife forcing food and lucozade on me, combined with a little gas and air, equalled vomit :S Meaning after 2 goes of gas and air, I didn't touch it again!
23.45 - Tried the pool as I wanted a water birth

Sunday 1st July
00.20 - Out of the pool as I couldn't get comfortable, I kept slipping around!
03.15 - Had another internal and praying that I was near the end - I'd made it to 7cms, no pain relief and all back labour! However, I decided I couldn't take anymore and wanted an epidural, meaning an ambulance transfer half an hour away to the hospital (as I was in a midwife-led birthing centre). The midwife and Craig eventually persuaded me to try pethidine first and if I still felt the same I could go. I was pretty determined I was going though!
04.15 - Had the pethidine and my world pretty much goes blank! Feeling increasing pressure down below though!
04.45 - Another internal. I was 9cms, but my cervix hadn't dilated equally due to baby's position. Soo, my waters were broken and this seemed to sort me out!
04.55 - Pushing! At this point I was on the floor. I then moved to the bed on all fours
05.15 - I was running out of energy and baby couldn't get round the corner, so onto the birthing stool, which helped loads
05.45 - back on the bed, but on my back this time
06.05 - Baby's heartbeat slowed right down, and baby seemed to be stuck, hadn't moved for a while despite my frantic pushing! I had also completely run out of energy and was really struggling, so midwife did an episiotomy (OUCH!) and I pushed with all my might!
06.06 - head born! Cord wrapped round baby's neck so midwife sorted that
06.09 - My beautiful baby was born! Daddy told me it was a boy and he went straight to my breast. Absolutely gorgeous! Daddy cut cord and held baby whilst I delivered placenta. Had to be injected as they were worried about me hemorrhaging.
07.15 - I was stitched up! It didn't hurt at all actually, except for when she was injecting the anaesthetic.

So now my baby boy, William Carson Pettett is here. Weighing 7lb 4oz and 20 inches long. And I have never known a love like this. It was all worth it and I'd go through it all again to have him here. He's so good and has become my world already - it almost feels like I was never without him!!

Will add pics when I have a bit more time - my prince has awoken! :)

Attachments

• William1.jpg
    William1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 12
  • William2.jpg
    William2.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Congratulations, sounds like you did really well x :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Congratulations hun, can't wait to see some pics xx

That is such a wonderful birth story, congratulations to you all. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare