Updated sent to hosp-Lump on my moo?? (tmi) and pains after lifting my LO

Jayceesmumma

Reaction score
I was debating posting this as it's kinda 'personal' but I'm worried..
Yesterday morning I felt a lump under my skin down there next to my 'happy spot'
With my sister in labour I put it to the back of my mind.. This morning I felt again and it's quite big.. About a 10p size.. There's no lump on the skin it's completely underneath..
What could it be??

Also my 4yr old fell over before school and I picked her up.. About 9am.. From then til about 2pm it felt like I had a water infection, u know that sharp pain? It's gone now but I've had alot of strong bh for a few days and I'm a bit worried.. Any advice?

Update: went to gp where they done a urine sample and found too much protein and something else, not sure what it was but she has sent it off for testing.. Strange coz my 28w urine sample showed nothing at all.. Due to my pains they sent me to the hospital to be monitored.. Baby was sleepy at first so had to lay on my side and drink cold water to wake it up and it worked :) baby was fine and they done more urine tests with the same results.. Also my blood pressure was low but they didn't seem concerned.
Done a quick internal check and all was ok, while she was down there I asked about the lump (gp said ask mw in 2weeks when I'm booking in-new gp-new hosp) and she said it's probably just a cyst.. So that's good too :)
Baby is not engaged and it says baby is 'longitudinal lie, cephalic presentation, free ROA'... Not sure what that means if noone can tell me in this thread I may do a new one on it as I don't know lol!
Oh just found a reciept looking thing in my notes about the urine sample it reads:
GLU: negative
KET: negative
SG: 1.015
*BLD: trace-intact*
pH: 7.0
PRO: negative
NIT: negative
*LEU: 1+ *
Anyone know what these mean?? I assume the ones with * on them are the concerned ones..

Last edited:
I wonder if the lump could be a gland in that area that is a bit swollen? I bet the pain is ligament pain from you over stretching to pick up l/o. If you are worried though call your m/w x

i too have a lump, my lady area is that swollen down there now and is all hard, on the right hand side next to my opening is that swollen it looks and feel like i have a golf ball growing inside

ive looked it up and apparently its all the extra blood and pressure from the baby.

as for the pains, couple of weeks ago i went shopping and my daughter wouldnt go up the esculator as she was scared so i picked up her, for the rest of the day i keep getting cramping again and lower back spasms

I am a bit worried about this lump.. Especially with my previous history..
Thanks ladies :)
With the pains I put it down to lifting her definitely but don't know why it felt like a water infection rather than a stitch or something?
Do u think the lump is a gp or mw matter?

Maybe a trip to your gp wouldn't hurt, esp if you have history, you don't want the extra worry and they can get a better look. Hopefully it's just the extra pressure from weight of baby and nothing to serious x

that depends, if your gp is male go with your midwife hehe, to be honest ive not asked about mine i have had it since 18 weeks.

some women have even said theirs have been that painful they couldnt walk properly.

maybe your midwife or call the community midwives and say this is what i have who is best dealing with it, they may just confirm what it is over the phone with you

If I saw a gp I'd ask for a female one tbh..
I still haven't got a mw just the hospital number for emergencies.. I've recently changed gp but not had an appointment to tell them I'm preg n b appointed a mw.. Silly I know.. Need to get on top of things can't really deal with any more stress and worry :(
Thanks all :hug:

If I saw a gp I'd ask for a female one tbh..
I still haven't got a mw just the hospital number for emergencies.. I've recently changed gp but not had an appointment to tell them I'm preg n b appointed a mw.. Silly I know.. Need to get on top of things can't really deal with any more stress and worry :(
Thanks all :hug:

i dont blame you i would too now i think lol
with niamh i had a maleto check if my cervix was open he pulled out a great big flash light the sort of size you'd use if you went camping

i thought jesus christ its not a cave your going into pmpl

now at this hospital ive spotted 2 of the male docs and i do not want them near my bits only cus they are quite nice looking tho hehe

:lol:
Yeah I remember those flashlights! I said to the mw.. Is that for me??!! Lol

I've got an appointment at gp the lump has got bigger and I'm having more pains :( similar to urine infection pain and ovulation pains.. I had a urine test at 28w and it was ok..
Back pain and bad bh still :cry:
Under a whole lot of stress at the moment too so probably doesn't help :(

This is some info I found. Looks like your position is normal... :)

Fetal lie:
This is the relationship between the head to tailbone axis of the fetus and the head to tailbone axis of the mother. If the two are parallel, then the fetus is said to be in a longitudinal lie. If the two are at 90-degree angles to each other, the fetus is said to be in a transverse lie. Nearly all (99.5%) fetuses are in a longitudinal lie.

Fetal presentation:
Cephalic (head-first) presentation:
Cephalic presentation is considered normal and occurs in about 97% of deliveries. There are different types of cephalic presentation, which depend on the fetal attitude.
Rarely, the fetus' head is extended back, and the chin, face, or forehead will present first depending on the degree of extension. This is a more difficult delivery, because this is not the smallest part of the fetus' head. It may result in a need for cesarean delivery.

Glad you got checked out and everything seems ok just now. You may just have a bit of a urine infection when results come back. I was going to say cephalic position is head down duno what the other bit means though, maybe the way it's facing?

So do both those meanings mean baby is head down?
Thanks for looking that up for me chookette :)

Sarah they assume it's a water infection but I've had no symptoms of it which I suppose is normal.. Good job I got it checked really!

:( no idea but really hopes its clears quickly xxxxx

Hope everything clears up hun! Keep us posted!

As for the position, it means baby is head down (cephalic) and laying top to bottom (longitudinal) like an l shape instead of crossways like --- (transverse).

Sooo even though the head isn't engaged, LO is in the best position! Lucky you!

xx

Yay!!
Hope it doesn't affect the 4d scan tomorrow!! Wanna get some good piccies, was hard with Ellie as the placenta was always over her face :( we won't get the usual 3 attempts as we bought the groupon deal which means you can't have another go at it if we can't get decent pics :(

What would the medical term be if baby was back to back? I'm dreading that again!!
While my sister was in labour the mw said to prevent it after 30w to try and sit forward as much as possible and not to sit back or lie on ur back as gravity usually makes them turn back to back..

Aww you must be really excited about the 4d scan, I'm gutted I didn't have one!!!

Back to back is called "occiput posterior" because it's about the occipital bone (back of LO's skull) and what part of your pelvis it's in. So posterior is when the back of the skull is at the back of your pelvis then I assume anterior is when it's at the front, so baby is facing backwards...

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back