Sorry girls, TMI

AliCat

Reaction score
Sorry to be so graphic, but for the past 3 days I've developed thrush :cry: I've been itching like mad, more to the end of the day as (TMI) I've been secreting a lot of vaginal discharge during the day and it seems to irritate my skin. I've got the midwife for my 35 week check tomorrow so I'm going to mention it to her. It's just driving me mad now and making me feel miserable. I wanted to buy some Canestan cream yesterday but didn't as I wasn't sure if you can use it during pregnancy. I'm just washing down there all the time atm, and wearing cotton knickers. It eases it after i've had a good wash.
Also, have to go back to hosp on Weds after seeing consultant about my heart, as last week at my 2nd visit, they found ketones and protein in my urine again. I was sent away to do a 24 hour sample, so should get those results back this week. Didn't see the consultant's registrar as he told me I would, as they seemed to be more worried about the urine sample than the palpitations!! But apart from that, feeling fine!
Hope all you lovely ladies and bumps are well?
xxx

Oh have some of these.... :hug: :hug: :hug: Hope you get better soon, thrush can be sooo irritating. Good luck at the appointments. xxx

Ah thanks Ani, it's just driving me mad that's all! :wall:

I sympathise with you hun, thrush is horrible. You can actually use the canastan cream in pregnancy, also the doctor could prescribe you a pessary which I have found to be very effective. Hope you get it sorted soon and good luck with your appointment :hug: :hug:

i've had thrush on/off a bit recently, it gets worse when i have sex, which although rare does happen on occasions!
you can use the cream, and the pessarys, it's the oral tablet's we can't take.

i've heard inserting a tampon soaked in natural yoghurt is really soothing, but i've never tried, always forget when i've got it!

Thanks girls! I'll probably get some at the chemists today when I go for my midwife appt.
I've heard about the natural yoghurt thing before, but I only applied it to the effected area - didn't work for me. I probably didn't give it time to work!
x

Canesten is fine, have a chat with the pharmacist, they will tell you what you need to know :hug:

i had this really bad for about 2weeks, and even delveloped a rash at top of my inner leg which was sooo red and sore, went to docs, she gave me the cream, and the pessarys, but instead of one pessary she gave me a samller dosage of a weekly course... 3.. insert one every other day.. worked a treat, not come bk since, and rash has gone and skin healed.. i found just using the large dosage one, once, only helped for a week but it re-appeared..

now i'm free from thrush hehe.. is somethin which can really bring you down, have some :hug: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back