Just rang the doctors

Emma58

Reaction score
For the results of my urine sample I left with them this morning (because the doctor couldn'b be bothered to check it whilst I was there) and the receptionist said it has been sent off for analysis as it showed slight abnormalities :shock: and I have to ring back tomorrow afternoon for the result.
I know the GP was checking for protein because of the funny vision and headaches i have been getting. My BP is normal and I have no swelling - would you guys worry?

This is the first time in all my pregnancy a urine sample has showed up anything it has always been clear.

Also, I have a consultant appointment tomorrow (about babys growth)and have my urine checked there as well should I mention to him about the headaches and seeing my GP?

You could have an infection?? They have to send the urine of to see if they grow anything from it and which anti-biotics you need?

I'd mention it to the consultant as well xx

I would speak to the consultant tomorrow about it, he'll be doing a urine test like you said, and he will prob test it in front of you so he should be able to tell you if there is anything suspect. Try not worry (easier said than done). Do you know when you will get results back from GP? :hug:

:oops: Never even thought of infection. Straight away i just panicked because they are concerned about pre eclampsia.

Can you have a water infection without knowing? Sorry if that sounds like a really dim question. Major preggo brain today!

Daft question but first one I'd ask: Did you re-use the sample pot?

In my area we never get new pots we just have to keep rinsing and re-using! Ming! If you did this then it might explain the abnormality as I know other people have had similar problems but it's then turned out to be fine?!

Other than that an infection seems the most likely possibility but if you have no symptoms they've probably caught it early and all will be well.

Hope it is OK :hug:

I got given a fresh sample pot (much to the receptionists annoyance :D )

Got to ring tomorrow afternoon for results but I am at the Consultant's anyway.
My consultant is really laid back though and doesn't seem interested in answering any questions I have unless they are about babies growth. He's more interseted in cracking not funny jokes with me! I suppose though the sample will checked there and then whilst I am there so he will know if there is anything untoward.

Gaaahhhhrrrggghhh :x *sorry needed to do that*

It really p*sses me off when they say things like this though. I got on my blood results "REPEAT IN 1 MONTH" with no reason for it written down - all you can do is wonder what's wrong and run through the possibilities in your mind.

Anyway let us know tomorrow how things are :hug:

debecca said:
It really p*sses me off when they say things like this though. I got on my blood results "REPEAT IN 1 MONTH" with no reason for it written down - all you can do is wonder what's wrong and run through the possibilities in your mind.

Anyway let us know tomorrow how things are :hug:

I will do :hug: thanks hun.

I'll now spend the night worrying probably I know if it was anytthing that bad they would have called me before I called them. I nearly never rang for the results because I have never had anything detected before.
The GP pissed me off this morning though he told me to do a sample then leave it for a nurse to check. The one I saw last week she checked it straight away for me. :x

I'd be p'd off too - it takes them about 0.5 of a second to check it. I wouldn't worry too much hun, I had a sample sent off last week because of a minute trace of protein (so little in fact the test stick was actually paler than the bit that was only a trace amount) but she said it was probably not even an infection, just due to the fact I was dehydrated and the sample was a bit concentrated :oops: .

daftscotslass said:
but she said it was probably not even an infection, just due to the fact I was dehydrated and the sample was a bit concentrated :oops: .

I did have the appointment first thing this morning and I'd only had one drink before I went there so I suppose it could be that i was dehydrated also.

:hug: :hug: :hug: I would mention it to the consultant just in case. Its probably nothing to worry about though. Even if it were pre-emclampsia it's usually only a problem if not detected

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back