Overdue and found breast lump!

jenni32

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Posting in the hope somebody can help.

I'm 3 days overdue with my first baby. On Saturday I felt a small hard lump above my left nipple. Have had breast lumps before, been scanned and told they were ok. This lump is smaller than any previous but harder.

Been to doctor this morning, she said she thinks its a cyst and nothing to worry about. She has sent a routine request for me to be seen at the breast unit, said appt will be 3-4 weeks.

Feel awful, can't stop worrying. Or crying! Can't believe it's happened now!

Has anybody else experienced anything like this?

Thanks so much

Hi Jenni,

Have no experience of this, but just wanted to say that at least doctor has looked at it, and you will be getting it cheked out properly in a few weeks.

Hope all goes well for you :hug:

I am sure I have read somewhere lumps can develop dring pregnancy ( not cancerous)...fingers crossed all is ok

I have been through that process before it is vary scarey :hug:

it might be blocked milk that sometimes can happen, i had lumpy boobs with my 2nd. sure everything will be fine hun :hug:

:hug: Jenni, as people have said, developing breast lumps in pregnancy happens, and is to do with milk production. You've done the correct thing by being seen by your Doc, and so I do hope the worry eases for you, until you know more, very best wishes :hug:

my mum found a lump a few years ago and my aunty did and they were both worried coz my grandma died of breast cancer. but theirs turned out to be nothing to worry about (as i'm sure yours will be!)
its good that ur doc said she thinks nothing 2 worry about. good luck, im sure u'll be fine tho, big hugs :hug:

Oh dear, what lousy timing for you. I hope that this doesn`t detract from the lovely experience you are about to have. I can understand you being tearful, its really rotten luck that you happened to discover it right now.
I once found a little hard lump in the side of my breast, about the size of a match head,or slightly larger. It was round and hard. And the GP said it was a cyst. but i was worried and had a second. and then 3rd opinion, and they all agreed. That was 15 years ago and it is still there just the same. I actually went back to my GP a couple of years ago and she said its still fine and not to worry.
Your GP said they thought it was a cyst, so try and remember that when you feel worried, they have referred you to the breast clinic just to be certain. Also I think that pregnancy can alter your breasts a great deal and make them lumpy.
My heart went out to you when i read your post because of the timing of it. Hope it all turns out OK ( Sure it will :hug: )

Jane XX

hun i'm sure you fine.... haven't had anything like that those.. but i'm sure it's nothing to worry about :hug:

:hug: :hug: Must be awful being overdue and stressed about something like that, but like the girls have said its normal to have lumps n bumps in pregnancy and its good your getting checked out. Im sure its nothing to worry about, just focus on your baby and dont let it ruin the experience your about to have with your little one :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back