UPDATED: COMPLETE Change Of Heart!

I understand beanie :hug: And I really hope that this doesn't cause too much fear for overdue girls, but this is all on the basis that they were going to let me go 15/16 days overdue.

I think it's really important to hear the risks though... It's rare, I know, but the risk is still there... And I wish I'd have heard about this earlier. I didn't realise how "real" the risks are until today.

I am really glad I've read all the girls replies because it just goes to show - it happens. I bet there are women out there where this has happened to them and lost their LO for reasons of going too far overdue, then they'd be urging for women to have more say and dictate that they are not willing to go too far overdue etc and would applaud this thread.

In most cases, people go 10-12 days overdue before being induced, my Mum's boss's just said not to go any further over (max 14 days at the most!) which is the normal average anyway. It's just in extreme cases where women go FURTHER than 14 days over, where the potential problems increase.

Hope I haven't caused anyone to worry... If I have, let me know by PM and I'll ask the mods to delete the thread, just thought it was important to raise the issue :oops: :hug: xx

noI agree raise the issue and understand the risks, but I do think it needs to be in context. Yes the risk increases after 42 weeks but from 1 in 1000 to 2 in 1000.

I hope you get the outcomeyou want hun :hug:

I hope you get the outcome you want dannii :hug: :hug:

or I really hope little Evie makes her way out by herself! :hug: maybe you should get bouncing on your ball! :D

Get some of that blue radox in ur bath while you are eating pineapple and curry and drinking rasperry leaf tea, followed by sex whilst bouncing on your birthing ball.

If that fails then shout at her???

Ally1979 said:
Get some of that blue radox in ur bath while you are eating pineapple and curry and drinking rasperry leaf tea, followed by sex whilst bouncing on your birthing ball.

If that fails then shout at her???

bouncebig.gif

Tell her its Eviction night in the Big Mother house and she is being evicted!

Hey hun hope your ok!?
I think that the consultant will say "yes your well over now so come in tomorrow morning etc"! I dont think he/she will mess around! My hospital(s) dont let you go over 14 days! I have my appointment already made for me at 41 weeks! They made that at my 12 week scan!

Scary stuff :hug:

Hope Evie makes a move before an induction is required hun :hug:

really hope you get your induction earlier dannii :hug:

i was 3 days o/d and my placenta was in great condition fwiw.

the night before my labour started i had sex, i started getting back pain on the thursday morning and lost some gunk, i went for an indian buffet with my mum thursday afternoon and we went shopping so were walking about all day and by friday morning i had contractions :cheer: aiden was born 1:46pm on saturday :)

it's worth a try isn't it :wink: and although you say it doesn't look like she'll come herself, she may surprise you :D by the time i got to hospital on the saturday i was 9cm dilated :lol:

xxx

Hi,

I have been lurking for a while and enjoying reading all your stories, I think your a star Danni and really feel for you, I've been induced with all three of my children, and am currently 38 wks with my fourth, so just thought I'd share with you my experiences :)

My first child was induced at T+14, everything perfectly normal, second child T+12, again everything fine. However my youngest was T+16, this is because I was stubborn and desperately wanted a homebirth and hung on as long as I could. Its worth knowing at this point that I lived in a different area and wasn't offered a scan, or any real checks. Anyhow my placenta failed and my daughter was born with too many red blood cells and needed a transfusion. It was scary at the time and obviously I felt soooo guilty and blamed myself.

She has had absolutely no problems since and is a very naughty little cherub :D

In this area they do things differently, and you would think I would be clamouring for an induction asap, but my midwife is brilliant, I will be scanned at T+7, and given a sweep, all being well, if not obviously they will induce me then and there. Otherwise I'll be monitored every other day and allowed to go into labour naturally.

As has been said before, these things are very rare, but at the end of the day its your body and your baby, and its a shame we have to fight for what we want, but unfortunately thats how it seems to be.

Hope everything turns out ok for you, but I really really hope you go into labour very very very soon, like today, yes 8)

I'm glad you told us about this because I didn't know any of that and yes it is rare but like you said there is still a risk. I hope everything goes ok for you, don't let the doctors or M/W's make you feel like you are over reacting because your not. :hug: :hug: :hug:

HEY... wheres Dannii dissapeared??? :think:

I predict her waters broke and she had to make a quick run for the hospital and is now 8cm dilated :pray: :pray: :pray:

PS hun, my overdue placenta was still in fab shape and didnt want to come out! :wink: Little Evie will be fine shes laughing at you from the inside :lol: also, when you go in, ask to see the head guy, they are always ready to go ahead whereas the nurses think wayyy to highly of themselfs and are sour at life and just want to be a huge pain in the butt! -Thats what i found anyway! they can test how healthy your placenta is by blood tests and scans, if they are being awkward, push for the tests and they will probably just give in and induce :)

I would rather know the risks than be immune to them...so thanks for sharing this with us. I can understand your fears and if I had it my way with the consultant I would infact stress I do not wish to wait till Saturday. The risk might be low but the risk still exists and any risk to a life is a risk worth not taking...

I just have a feeling that the consultant will 200% agree with you, so what the MW has told you seems to me the approach some take - a matron's attitude in a strict school.

Hope your waters break soon Dannii but either way evie should be with you soon enough - next week!

:hug:

Thanks all! I am soooo nervous about the appt on Tues! Eeek! I really hope they agree to Thursday (@ 13 days overdue)... I'd be ok with that. I'm still given plenty of time for things to happen naturally by that time anyway :)

Jess: Still here! No signs either! :lol: She ain't comin' out I tell ya!! lol

AnDi: Thank you so much for sharing your experiences! I'm really pleased everything worked out in the end, despite the horror at the time :(

Laura & Neev: I'm glad I didn't scare you :oops: This is all on the basis that I'll be 13 days overdue when they induce (if they agree) and 15/16 when I have her (if they don't agree!) which I think is a couple of days too far for me :talkhand:

Fck it, im not risking it!!

Had two many mc's for anything to go wrong now!!!

Dannii just do what you think you need to do hun, I think with everything it carries a risk, these risks i personally try to avoid.

You have my support and hopefully you'll have little Evie early Friday and I can dote on her until I pop :)

:hug:

My daughter, due with her first baby on the 22nd August just like you, has opted to be induced on Tuesday September 2nd. She is an Obs and Gynae doctor, for what it's worth, so I think I can safely say that she has made an informed decision! All the best.

Fen said:
My daughter, due with her first baby on the 22nd August just like you, has opted to be induced on Tuesday September 2nd. She is an Obs and Gynae doctor, for what it's worth, so I think I can safely say that she has made an informed decision! All the best.
Bless her! Yes, I agree!

I was thinkning about your daughter the other day, we're both carrying VERY stubborn babies by the sounds of it! :hug: Hope things happen naturally for her so she can experience labour from the start without induction, that's what I'm hoping for too :pray: Maybe we'll both have our LOs on the same day?!

Oh I feel for you Dannii - it's good that you're seeing a consultant on Tuesday. My midwife wanted to wait til I was 10 days overdue to induce me but the consultant made her book it sooner - she wanted to do it at 4 days but it ended up being 7 due to lack of space. I was high risk so there was a little more urgency but still, from what I've experienced midwives just go by the book and do what they're told while consultants have the power to be more flexible - as long as you express your worries and stand firm you should get a result. Good luck, I can't wait to hear about Evie's arrival :hug:

Hiya Dannii,

I was vaguely told about the risks but I didn't know much about it to be honest.

As far as I know, my placentas were fine with my overdue babies (I have a picture of Ruby's which I keep meaning to put up here). As someone else said, I guess the risk varies enormously from woman to woman but how are we to know what the degree of risk is for us??? For most of us, our last scan is at 20 weeks; it's impossible for hospitals to continually monitor overdue women. I must say, my hospital was pretty keen to induce me at 12 days over at the very latest; I think I was booked at 11 with Daisy. Given the risks, 15 days is not really good enough!!!

Hope your appointment goes well on Tuesday and make sure you really push for the induction if this is really worrying you (really lay it on thick about the worry and physical discomfort you're experiencing; it could be worth taking your Mum, as someone else suggested, if she's more assertive).

All the best, will be thinking of you. :hug:

Wow hun I am surprised they have left you to go over due by so long.

Yes it may be rare but its not a risk I would every be willing to take.
To me in this sort of situation I would be thinking a risk like that no matter how small its deemed to be is a risk to big.

Go& and demand an appointment with a consultant at your hospital hun.
Its your body & your baby.

I wish you luck hun & will be excited to see babies pics.

COME ON BABY ITS TIME TO MEET YOUR MUMMY

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Dannii,

Just to let you know, Im thinking of you! I hope you ghave Evie before you need the induction. But if not, dont be scared. Be strong and know that Evie will be ion your arms very soon!

I went 16 days over with Toby, and was induced. My placenta was ok, and Toby is healthy. The induction was fine.

I cant wait till you have little Evie, and your new chapter of the adventure begins. Im really excited for you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back