Being induced...

Jade89

Reaction score
If i go overdue, even if i'm only a couple of days overdue can I suggest to my midwife that I be induced? or does the midwife have to tell me that I have to be induced?

I would really like to think it's my decision, and I dont wanna go the next 5 weeks let alone 7 if i go overdue!

I asked my midwife yesterday about requesting to be induced but she said the hospital let you go 10 days over, I have my appointment with my consultant next wed where the midwife said I'll probably have a stretch and sweep and be given a date for induction. It might be different in different area's. Have you spoken to your midwife about it yet? I was induced with my first baby and think I would rather go into labour naturally as its supposed to be more stressful for the baby if you're induced so if I was you maybe I'd wait and see if labour happens naturally. Hope your ok hunnie.... :hug:

i go see her on 26th, i'll have a word with her and tell her i cant cope nomore lol.

We I went overdue my midwife gave me an appointment to go into the hospital to be induced. The appointment was for 2 weeks after my due date, she said if I hadnt given birth by then, then I would be induced. I think everywhere is different. Your midwife might just suggest a sweep to start with and see how you go with that.

Come on ladies we need these babys out dont we! I really dont want to go over and i dont feel like he is going to come out soon! Ive got an appointment with my midwife 2moz and im going to moan! I feel such a moo because im stressing at everyone but im so uncomfy now and you will probably understand. :wall:
So im sending you all a vibe 2 get our little bundles out! :D im so impatient!

I had a horrible induction and would fight tooth and nail next to time to be left later and try to start natural.

I was started off at 40+4 and was nowhere near ready :(

They won't tend to induce unless there is a good medical reason. Sorry girls I know how hard it is as I was 14 days over due but it really won't be long I promise!

Round here they give you an induction date of between 11 and 14 days over due. I tried everything to get induced ealier but there was no chance.

Got everything crossed that you don't go over! :pray:

My waters broke on Thursday and i ended up being induced, it wasn't pretty!

i dont wanna b induced!congrats on the new baby! :hug:

ClaireSarah said:
Got everything crossed that you don't go over! :pray:

My waters broke on Thursday and i ended up being induced, it wasn't pretty!

Congrats on your little man! :hug:

Jade89 said:
If i go overdue, even if i'm only a couple of days overdue can I suggest to my midwife that I be induced? or does the midwife have to tell me that I have to be induced?

I would really like to think it's my decision, and I dont wanna go the next 5 weeks let alone 7 if i go overdue!

if you're really wanting to be induced then ask your midwife to examine you and maybe give you a sweep if your cervix is favourable.
Jade what you have to remember though is that if you're baby isn't ready to be born your labour will be more painful and long than if it were to start spontaniously. I know how frustrating and easger we all are to meet our babies but i honestly think they come when they are ready. Obviously going over 14 days is not advisable but try and hang on in there and let nature take its course :hug:

I have had one baby induced (my waters broke and she had had a poo so they had to rush labour on) and i tell you Jade it was my worse labour and birth out of the three. So try to avoid it.
A good sweep no your due date might get things going naturally though so mention it to your midwife :hug:
Hang in there its not long to go. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I agree with budge Jade, I was induced with haylea and she was 15 days late, still didn't want to come out and she got really stressed. Just hang on if you can...I went from no pain and was 7cm dilated to full blown full on contractions every minute or so and I didn't enjoy it one little bit, hurt way to much. Your baby will come when its ready. I was very close to having a c section because Haylea got so stressed. Luckily managed to get her out naturally but only just. I know we're all very eager to get our babies out but I'd rather wait til baby comes naturally if possible rather than force baby out if he/she is not ready.....do have a good long think about it though hun.... :hug:
Take care
xxxxxx

Hiya, it's not that i'm eager to meet her...i'd let her cook in there for as long as she liked lol, not saying I don't want to meet her though, it's just all the pain i'm in i wish i could explain it lol...i'm just gonna do what the midwife thinks is best i think...i do expect this baby to come early, but sometimes i think its just my way of wishful thinking lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back