*UPDATED* Argos rant!

JoAnn&Aimee

Reaction score
We got a phone call from Argos this afternoon to say that the camera was ready to collected. I was happy as it meant I would have it for Christmas but I didn't have high hopes that it would be fully repaired. Anyway Ewan went to collect it and then phoned me to say that they were giving us a new camera as the camera was reported by the maufacturer as repaired yet when they tried it out it was freezing up again! So the girl just told him to pick a new camera! :cheer: He had to phone me to ask which camera I wanted. I had picked out the Kodak M1073 a while ago, so I told him to get that. Added bonus is it was £79.99 so they gave us a £20 gift voucher to bring it up to the £99.99 we paid for the old camera! Result!! :dance: I am very happy now, just can't wait for Ewan to get home so I can get my hands on the new camera! Just in time for Christmas as well! :cheer:
-------------------------------------

I am soo angry today. I splashed out on the Samsung S1065 10MP Digital Camera from Argos 6 months ago. I knew that when Aimee was born I'd be going photo mad over her so I treated myself. After 3 months it started freezing up while taking pictures and to sort it I'd have to remove the batteries. Luckily I'd bought the replacement cover so Ewan & I took the camera back. They told us that it was their policy to send the camera to the manufacturers first to be repaired and we'd get it back in 2 weeks.

It took 6 weeks to get it back, they told us it was fixed but if the problem happens again to bring it back and they'd give us vouchers to the value we paid. Within 2 weeks it acted up again so we finally got round to taking it back today. This time they fobbed us off saying that they would be sending it away for repair AGAIN!! When Ewan told the girl that he wanted the vouchers she said she would talk to her manager. I was at the other side of the store and I saw her approach the manager, he shook his head and she went back to Ewan with someone who was not the manager. He claimed to Ewan he was the manager (the guy barely looked 18!) and told him that he was sending it away for repairs and we would ONLY get vouchers if the manufacturer told them it was unrepairable.

I know that it will come back 'repaired' for the problem to happen again. :( I bought the frickin insurance on it incase something like this happened. I hate not being able to take photos and videos of Aimee. if it happens again I am going back with my gran, she is my secret weapon! She won't take no for an answer.

That is annoying :evil: If I were you I'd write and complain or even take your nan in before and say you're not happy waiting any longer as you've already waited so long and its not good enough, Im rubbish at complaining too but if your nans good then get her to do it as you are in the right here so they should cave in with the right argument! :hug: xx

Id take your Nan in to sort them out and yes to writing a complaint you should get the vouchers the camera is obviously broken.
or me it would be my Auntie Carol she would scare them till they shook with fright:lol:

I used to work at Argos and the insurance you bought my dear means you have yes unlimited repairs, OR REPLACEMENTS!!

They are just trying to fob you off here and you are entitled to a replacement!!

Go in and demand to see the manager!! If not, tell them you will be contacting trading standards or someone!!

Or heres a trick, phone argos or go to a different store!!

Wow great result :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

If only they'd done hat in the first place but hey at least its in time for christmas :dance: xx

OMG this is so weird!!! I picked up my camera today (from Curry's) as i had it for a birthday present in August so i could take piccies of Teddy when he was born. I used it the first week when he was born and got loads of pics and it broke! The charger stopped working and the lens would come out of the camera wen u turned it on but then turn itself off and the lens would not come back in!!! Plus it would turn on for 2 secs and make a whiring sound and switch off. Unbelievably i somehow managed to get the pics off (THANKGOD they were irriplacable of the first week of his life) and took it back. They said they would not replace it but send it back for repair and were well within their rights to do so. Fair enough. But i got it back today and it still has EXACTLY the same problem! They reckon they have changed the battery and charger, but i think thats a load of crap!!!! Obviously no one bothered testing it before sending it back. So i am now going have to take it back again! ARRRRGGGH! So glad someone else can understand my camera rage! Good result tho hun...eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back