Update...

D'oh, just realised i was looking at the archieves and the data is ancient, i thought they seems a bit low :whistle:

The national average for live birth rate for under 35's is 32.3%

Care manchester live birth rate is 37.3%.

Care Nottingham is 40%.

Forget Hewitt, it is much lower :oooo: So is St Mary's - about 26%.

Last edited:
Gizzy - the clinic is Assisted Reproduction and Gynaecology Centre, they have 60.6% live birth rate :)

Lou did you just have to ask your PCT to go to care or did you have to ask and also have a reason to go there? Thanks...:)

Xx

miss maybe baby you are sooo overdue that move to tri 1! so good to see you back on here lovely lady, all the very best for this month :dust: :dust: xx

Someone I know had a terrible time with her first IVF cycle at St Marys but was successful on her 2nd cycle at Care Manchester - she had twin boys this year :) x

Edit: Sorry last year!! Can't get used to 2012 yet!

Last edited:
My PCT referred me to the default fertility consultant at the local hospital who i went through all the diagnostics with (until i started paying privately for them at CARE) up to the point of starting IVF being the next stage.

I contacted CARE and told them i wanted to be referred to them and they told me that i would need the default consultant to refer me.

So i went to see the default consultant and told him that i wanted to be referred to CARE which he didn't seem to appreciate and he told me it would take 12 weeks just to transfer my notes to CARE :roll:

Then i contacted CARE again and the PCT to query the 12 weeks. I think it took 10 weeks in total but then i had to make an appointment with CARE which was another 8 weeks wait.

That is the typical appointment wait time at CARE, 4-8 weeks, but they won't book you an appointment until they have all your notes.

If i was you, i'd make a request to go to CARE directly to your GP before you get into any dignostics. I don't know what they'll want to do with you but very likely a sperm test and HIV/Hep bloods at least.

Thanks Lou, that's great, fx tomorrow goes well, I'll keep you posted. :)

Laura C thanks, you're in my area aren't you? :)

Pos thanks for checking in on me lovely, hope you're enjoying your little man, get some pics on the how cute is my baby thread! :)

Xx

Good luck maybe, really hope you get your sticky bfp very very soon.xxxxxxxx

Thanks Corrine!:)

Just to update my OPK is pretty much positive this morning, I reckon my true surge will be this afternoon.

Doctors is at 10.30...

Xx

Good luck Maybe :)

I thought you weren't going to the doctors until May.

Hi Girls!

Docs went well, my GP is happy to refer me to CARE Manchester in April if I'm not preggers by then.

She's double checking the funding would be approved and getting back to me, the waiting time for the initial consultation would be 5 weeks and then you would start next cycle.

FX I won't come to need it but it's nice to have a plan if I do. :)

xx

Exellent news Maybe!

Although as you say hopefully it won't come to needing that referral

xxxxxx

Last edited:
That's good Maybe :)

IVF is just as much a diagnostic as a treatment so worst case scenario at least you'll have a better understanding of why you haven't had much luck yet.

Do you get two goes in your PCT? xx

I don't know yet Lou as funding was cut and will resume again in April, my doc's gonna find out and email me, I expect only one...:)

xx

Hi Maybe,

That is great to hear and 5 weeks is excellent!!!

We are going through the NHS route as well and go back in March so get refered. Neil and I have been told that we 'qualify' for fudning for IVF as we are both under 40 no previous children and we have been TTc for 2.5 years. I don't know what the wait will be but I will let you know so we can compare and I will also ask how many goes we get. Essex def cut IVF but reintroduced again last year. I hope you hear soon.

Gizzy xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back