*** UPDATE *** (re my missed miscarriage)

Flossy82

Reaction score
Hey all have a bit of an update re the missed miscarriage i had. Recieved a letter from the consultant

I was asked to make you an appointment by Mr ( ). He was the Consultant on call when you were admitted with your miscarriage. Please accpet my condolances for your sad loss. Mr ( ) and i work jointly, and my interst is more towards pregnancy.

On reviewing your notes, I note that you have had two uncomplicated pregnancies. You had a dating scan at 12 weeks 5 days in your recent pregnancy, at which point all looked normal. I note you were then admitted to the Gynaecology Ward with bleeding around 16 weeks and an ultrasound scan sadly showed that the fetus had died, probably soon after your previous scan. This is almost certainly an accident of nature and not due to anything you could have done differently in the pregnancy.

At your request we performed some investigations on the fetus. Because the fetus had died some weeks before the tissues had become softened and the post mortem was limited. However, there were no obvious abnormalities of the fetus. The laboratory attempted to test chromosomes by growing some skin cells and placental cells but these cells did not grow. Again, this is quite common when the fetus has died seceral weeks before.

We have not found the cause for your miscarriage and this is common in ladies where the pregnancy fails in the first few weeks of pregnancy. I would not advise any special management in future pregnancies and i would advise that you saw your Midwife or GP on the usual way at 8 to 10 weeks.

In a silly way in my mind i still hasnt really made things any clearer for me and there's nothing i can do either. Il just try and enjoy this time round now and hope bean will stay a sticky :pray:

Aw Flossy, sorry to read that you couldn't find a cause, however sounds very hopeful for future pregnancies.

Hopefully now you can get some closure and move on.

:hug:

Valentine Xxx

Awwww Candy im glad you have had some news :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Although it might not have cleared anything up, it is hopeful that it was just a one off and as alot of people say 'one of them things' (you know i hate saying that anyway babe)

Stay stong chick, like iv said before i get a really good feeling for you this time chick.

Hope your ok xx

Im so sorry to hear of ur loss and the news that nothing could be solved to what caused the m/c, just wanna send lots of these :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: and wish you the very best with this pregnancy.

:hug: :hug:

aww hun sorry they found no reason for the mm but now hopefully also you can be reassured that the pregnancy you are going through now should be as ok as your previous 2 x

Im sorry they found no reason. Lets hope like you say this one is a sticky, im sure it will be!!!!!

Sending you lots of sticky dust xxx

:hug: fingers and toes crossed that all goes well for this pregnancy :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:pray: praying that this lil bean is a sticky.

All the best Candy :hug: :hug:

Flossy, it must be hard for you not having a reason, but on the bright side, 'no reason' means there's no reason why it should happen again. I know we all always want to know why, but if they can't find out why, then it means lots of causes have already been ruled out... try to be positive, I'm sure all will be fine this time :hug:

hun im sorry you didnt get any answers :hug: :hug: :hug: xxxxxxxx

Sorry you didnt get any answers hun, praying for a sticky this time :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back