Midwife Appt

ashley22

Reaction score
I had a midwife appt today and she did all the usual - checked my urine, blood pressure, fundal measurements, postion of baby and told me everything was fine. She then told me to book another appt for 4 weeks which will make me 39 weeks - I thought when you are this far on your appt are every week?

Is this normal - Can someone help me out!

I think (off the top of my head) that the rule should follow:

You should be seen:

Every 4 weeks up to 26 weeks
Every two weeks up to 36 weeks
Then every week till birth

Thats what we get round here anyway. There is nothing to stop you making an appointment sooner if you want one!!

by N.I.C.E GUIDELINES (the people who tell NHS how to run).. shud be every 7-10 days from week 37. hope this helps.. just ask ur midwife if ur unsure.. maybe she has alot on her mind and it slipped.

hope this helps but dont panic

Hello, I'm due exactly the same date as you and I'm see either the midwife or the gp every two weeks from now on. I think you should ring the clinic and just double check - 4 weeks is a long time to wait at this stage of the pregnancy and they have to keep a much closer check on your blood pressure etc. at this stage.

Belle
xx

up to 36 weeks i saw midwife every 4 weeks then every 2 till 40 wks then every week till you have baby... depends on where you live

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back