Unsettled after 10pm feed

Little Rose

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Jessica is 9 days old and is a really content relaxed baby. She sleeps and feeds really well during the day (bottles) and sometimes is asleep before she has taken all of her formula. However, after her 10pm feed every night she will not settle until 00:15 or thereabouts. Some nights she will waken twice after this and others just the once before morning time.

Has anyone any advice on how I can sort this?
Yesterday I tried to keep her awake after her 2pm feed, which I did but she slept worse during the night. I am wondering if she has her days and nights mixed up?

In the mornings I open the blinds, put on the TV, washing machine etc and make normal noise. In the evenings we tone it down in preparation for her bedtime.

I have been doing her 10pm feed in the bedroom and am wonderng should I just do it down stairs, put her in her basket and then move it to the bedroom once she is asleep?

Any advice??!!

Thanks,

Rose

It took Isla weeks until she was sleeping from 8pm rather than after midnight. She definitely had her days and nights muddled up. Most nights I was up until 3am as she wouldn't sleep. By the time she was 8 weeks we had managed to bring bedtime forward. I used to do the last feed in her room but I don't now, and she's sleeping 9+ hours straight.

Give her time. She's still brand new :)
Emma x

I have no patience and like to get everything right first time lol. Babies certainly don't play ball! I'm going to feed her downstairs tonight and then move her to our bedroom once she falls asleep.

I have no patience and like to get everything right first time lol. Babies certainly don't play ball! I'm going to feed her downstairs tonight and then move her to our bedroom once she falls asleep.

Lol I know what you mean! She's my first and it's true you make the mistakes with the first one!
I remember lying on the nursery floor, patting Isla until she fell asleep. Was not fun.

Emma x

is she over tired when ur trying to feed and put her down??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back