10pm feed

wannabmummy

Reaction score
When do you stop the 10pm feed? Theo goes down at 7pm now, he's ten weeks old and has been going down at 7 since six weeks. We wake him up every night to do a 10pm feed, but he never Wales himself we are always waking him, so how do I know when to stop this feed? After the 10pm feed he sleeps till 4:30 when I have to usually give him a dummy, then his next feed is 7am.

we followed a sleep help type book thing and it has worked a treat! it said not to wake a sleeping baby at night to feed it unless there is a medical reason to wake it....

we only fed hannah if she woke and she started waking at 1am for a while, then it went to 2am, then 3am, then 4am then 5am and then 6am...from 6:30pm :D it now varys a bit and she wakes anywhere between 4:30 - 6:30am for her first feed since betime, but this is fine cos she just goes right back down after til around 7:30/8am...

so she kind of just dropped the through night feed herself iykwim....xx

There's no harm in giving it a go and just leaving him hun. I considered waking Albert the first few nights he slept through but then I thought he would wake earlier when left too long anyway xxxxxxxx

We went with the tip of never wake a sleeping baby and Macy sleeps 10 to 11 hours at the moment ( I say at the moment because I don't want to rock the boat and karma).

She went down at 7:45 last night and woke up at 8 this morning but she has to have her routine or it doesn't happen. Bath at 6 cuddles and toys after then bottle and bed. We give her a bottle in the dark silent room and I don't speak to her once she starts the bottle if she crys it's only a shhhhh noise I will do or put on a white noise sound.

It's working and if we go out and get home if she wakes we then give her a bottle.

They will let you know when they want food their body won't let you not feed them. But I will pre warn you he might wake you at 3 for the first few times as that's when Macy did.

Ok I'm going to try that tonight then. We do a bath, bottle, bed routine and he falls asleep no problem. I've just been scared to stop his 10pm fees because I was worried he would wake up at like 1am (hard to change your routine once you're in one!) def going to give it a go tonight though and see what happens, maybe I'll go to bed earlier too in case he does wake up at 1am! Lol :) thanks girls xxx

I go to bed the same time as Albert just in case. Good luck chick xxxxxxx

This has got me thinking...

J goes down at 7ish now, after bath and bottle. She'll then sleep until 10ish and it's 50/50 as to whether she wakes on her own or we wake her for a feed. Without fail she'll then wake around 2pm for a feed. I think she's ready to go up an oz on her bottles as she's draining them most of the time.

J is only (nearly) 4 weeks, but is it the same for her - should I let her sleep at 10 if she doesn't wake naturally?

ps Sorry to hijack - good luck with going through the night wannabemummy!xx

I really worry about not feeding little babies at night tbh, when harrison was in hospital they said that babies dont wake up coz they are hungry, obv they wont go to sleep either but if they are really tired then they wont wake up for a feed they need. I have only just stopped waking little man now but some babies are fine with it so i guess you just need to see how he gets on.
xxx

If Albert didn't eat well during the day, and he has almost doubled his birth weight in 10 weeks, I would wake him up. But as it stands I let sleeping babies lie lol

I cant get this feed thing at all lol x

Crackers I would see what happens if you don't feed LO. I only saying this to ladies who babies are a good weight please wake your baby if they sleep more than 6 hrs for a feed if they are new, new born or low weight. X

yeah, little ones you need to make sure they go no longer than 6 hours. the HV advised me it was ok to let hannah go as long as she stayed asleep once she was about 10 weeks and gaining weight. she is a really good feeder through the day so she must have been filling herself through the days....she has about 30oz through the day x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back