Underwired bras and breastfeeding

Kandle

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

I plan to breastfeed when baby comes. I have been advised that wearing underwired bras is not good in terms of supporting the flow of milk (or something similar!). So, the question is, when should I stop wearing my underwires?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
:wave:

I fed my son when he was born and i wore an under wired maternity one. :eh:

Lots of things seems to have changed since 5 years ago tho so im not sure tbh

I hope to breast feed and I'm still wearing an underwired bra - don't want my boobs round my knees thank you very much! lol xx

I wore an underwired bra until i gave birth then switched to a nursing bra im still breastfeeding and Tegan is 8 weeks x

yep my boobs are staying underwired and in position until i have baby! x

i wear normal underwired bras at the moment, and i have a few underwired maternity bras. i have nursing bras for afterwards, but plan on using underwired til i give birth lol x

:wall::wall:Hi, anyone bought an underwired lightly padded nursing bra?

All the bras i have tried on just do nothing for me shape wise. I had a MASSIVE meltdown in mothercare the other day!

Tried on the nursing bras and i wouldn't even show my mum how it fitted!!!! No support or shape! I wouldn't step outside my front door in any of these bras.....yuck mono boob aint a good look!!

lol...seriously tho has anyone managed to find a nice underwired padded nursing bra ?Any websites you could recomend would be greatly appreciated....especially if you are above a d cup, im a 36 g..nightmare to find any thing!!

Thanks.

Hiya

I bought lightly padded non underwired bras from Mothercare and they were good.

I've not worn an underwired bra for nearly 10 months now and I've got ginormous knockers (32K).

My nursing bra is this one and I wear 4 on rotation 24/7. I went out for the first time last Friday and as these are lacy and my dress was tight I just put my smooth mothercare underwired one back on. The shape feels a bit better too.

Because I wear a bra constantly I don't think an underwired one would be very comfy.

Oooo I never knew you could buy underwired nursing bras!! I was dreading switching from underwired to no wired once baby's born! My boobs are like lethal weapons at the moment! I'm so happy now i can still wear underwired afterwards!! :)

xxx

I am breastfeeding and I have been wearing normal underwired bras as I can't afford to get myself new ones (silly aint it?) and I have more than enough milk for my bubba. I wear a bra 24/7 as I too am blessed (cursed?) with large boobs and I don't want them around my ankles when I stop feeding :D

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back