Under Wired Bras

l_maclean

Reaction score
Now i know technically we're not supposed to wear these -

But i've always found them soooo much more confortable, and ive gone up a size since being pregnant and they're not digging in - so i thought id stick with my usual.

BUT - ive just noticed that while I dont leak while i have bra on - but today im lounging about in my pjs and leaking slightly (same happened last week)

Do you think this means i prob shouldnt be wearing bras with underwires??

Also - side note - those of you planning on BF'ing are you going for proper nursing bras - or just ordinary bras - ive heard its not worth spending extra on nursing bras as you pop out of pretty much anything??

xxx

Can't really help sorry but all my underwired bras are padded ones and so I am leaking went for a shower the other day and had wet nipples (Srry TMI) but until then I had not noticed during the day only at night when I wasnt wearing a bra, maybe you are leaking a little but not realizing, Just a suggestion ?? xx

mine are padded to - but i did check my bras after a leaking night the other week - and not even any signs on the inside of the bra.
xxx

Hey.

Ive started toleak an awful lot now and still wear my underwired bras (naughty naughty). Also as for the nursing/ feeding bra question, i bought 2 new ones off ebay for i think it was like £5 each. I wouldnt pay loads for them either but seen as though i found them tht cheap i coudnt refuse. I know its alot easier wen u have them too.

Hope this helps xx

mine are padded to - but i did check my bras after a leaking night the other week - and not even any signs on the inside of the bra.
xxx
TMI but I have found that if I am leaking during the day (i have to take my nipple pircing out twice a day to get used to taking it in and out for BF) I can come to get undressed at night and there is no sign that iv leaked at all??? but im wierd. sory I cant help any more xxx

Sorry but why areyou not supposed to wear unwired bras?? To be honest i got some non wired ones as the wire underneath was cutting in and getting uncomfy but being rather well endowed in the boobie department they gave no support and my bangers were round my knees so Ive gone back to the wired one. I dont seem to have any milk leakage but thought im way too early anyway! X

Ive kept wearing my underwired ones, and i think im going to get some multiway underwired ones for BF as a lot of these you can unclip the strap frm the cup at the front. I tried to buy some nursing bras for when hes born but they dont give me ANY support and im an E cup, i might as well just walk round without one as buy some of them x

Last edited:
Your not technically supposed to wear undersides bras as it can restrict the development of milk ducts etc (apparently) although I know a LOT of people who've ignored it and no-one seems to have had any issues. I'm an E cup as well which is why I really didn't want to go down the non wired route!!!

Never thought of multiway ones - that might work!

Thanks m2b19 maybe I only notice it when I don't have bra on! I just like to check with folk.

Xxx

I'm finding it really hard to get bras that aren't underwired tbh. I'm a humble little c-cup and cos of that all makers seem to thing I need underwire and gel, air pumps and chicken fillets to feel like a woman lol

I won't be going down the non-underwired route. Nursing bras are very unflattering.

I am currently wearing one of those abracadabra bras which is the most comfortable bra I've ever worn in my life even though I've rammed my DD/Es into a D cup.

I need to go bra shopping tomorrow. My underwire ones are now hurting as the cups dig into the top of my bump which is sore anyway with all the stretching my belly is going through. Might try mothercare tomorrow for some new ones or bhs Aparently they have some good ones.

Apparently as long as your bra fits well, it's fine to have underwires. The maternity store here only sells underwire maternity bras. I was shocked, as I always heard you culdn't wear underwires while pregnant too. Also, I do plan on buying nursing bras, just because it will be easier and more comfortable :)

I posted a similar thread to this the other day and a few of the already mums replied saying theyd managed to breast feed even though they had worn the underwired bras. :) xx

Thats good to hear - i wasnt particularly worried about not being able to feed - more the fact that i seem to leak only when not wearing a bra - wondered if the wire maybe squashing things it shouldnt.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back