Nursing/Feeding Bras?

Rachey

Reaction score
Just wondered for those that are going to BF which bras you have got?

I'm planning on giving BF a go but not too confident about it! Just realised I haven't got nursing bras, woops! :lol:

Any suggestions? Don't really want to spend too much on them at first - will spend more on good ones if I manage it..

xxx

Last edited:
I've brought a black and White one of these:

http://www.expressyourselfmums.co.uk/nursing-bras/Emma-Jane-Sleep-Nursing-Bra.htm

It says sleep bra buy they r so comfy :) im going to wear during day too and they stretch from a b cup upwards and cause I don't know what size il be when milk appears I thought these perfect for now and then can get a couple more posh ones for under smarter clothes when I know my size xx

im going to get mine from mothercare as when i had dd they measured me perfectly and somehow got my size right for when my milk comes in. They dont measure you till you are 38 weeks so i have a few weeks till then

constantstar them bras look lovely but like most bras i like they dont go up to my size. Good price too.

I've brought a black and White one of these:

http://www.expressyourselfmums.co.uk/nursing-bras/Emma-Jane-Sleep-Nursing-Bra.htm

It says sleep bra buy they r so comfy :) im going to wear during day too and they stretch from a b cup upwards and cause I don't know what size il be when milk appears I thought these perfect for now and then can get a couple more posh ones for under smarter clothes when I know my size xx

I really like the look of the emma jane ones :)

I was a 32F when I was measured a few months ago (think I'm still the same) but was worried that with them being for B-F cup they might be a bit tight? Might get one anyway and hope for the best cause they look really comfy :)

xxx

Aw bless I was an a cup now I'm a b cup since getting preggers so they r quite roomy ! ( I'd love bigger boobies and might get them just for a few weeks when milk appears hehe) but shame they don't do more variety in sizes xx

I hate boobies!! haha they annoy me so much, I just feel so big and flumpy :(

Do you think the B-F bra you have would be quite tight for an F hun? x

i was a E before i got pregnant and by 15 weeks i was a F and now my F bras are not fitting i dread to think what size i will get to

I hate boobies!! haha they annoy me so much, I just feel so big and flumpy :(

Do you think the B-F bra you have would be quite tight for an F hun? x

The material is pretty stretchy looking at it and I think the way it's soft and racer back would be in your favour inthe boobie department but I'm not sure about the fit cause I only got little ones lol :/ do they allow returns? Cause if it is rift size for you 12.50 isn't too bad I don't think price wise xx

get measured in M & S or Mothercare at 38 weeks. they normally sell a pack of 2 bras for £20-25 black and white very comfy. There are no wires of course and have the clips for easy access to nipples for baby - I could not do without them when I had Joshua - no way would I fiddle around with non-maternity bras, pulling straps off my arms etc. I am a 40F at moment so god knows what size I'll be at 38 weeks.... Dont panic though cos after baby has been born, about 2-3 days after your proper milk comes comes though your boobs just go mahoosive - but they do calm down again a few days later so dont go running out in a panic buy now. Perhaps speak you your local breastfeeding support group?? Mine are coming to see me at my home tomorrow and this is the kind of stuff they can help with. Idf you dont have a number, ask your doctor or midwife and they will put you in touch.

Oh and another thing - for ladies like me with big boobs - I found breastfeeding with baby held like a rugby ball at my side much easier for baby to latch on. Most people presume you just hold baby accross your tummy facing you but my midwife showed me the other way - I used a "V" pillow and got baby to lie with his feet to the back - aaarrgggh too difficult to describe - hold on...

http://www.amazingbreastmilk.nhs.uk/how-to-breastfeed/underarmrugby-ball-hold/

There - thats the way!! Good luck!!

get measured in M & S or Mothercare at 38 weeks. they normally sell a pack of 2 bras for £20-25 black and white very comfy. There are no wires of course and have the clips for easy access to nipples for baby - I could not do without them when I had Joshua - no way would I fiddle around with non-maternity bras, pulling straps off my arms etc. I am a 40F at moment so god knows what size I'll be at 38 weeks.... Dont panic though cos after baby has been born, about 2-3 days after your proper milk comes comes though your boobs just go mahoosive - but they do calm down again a few days later so dont go running out in a panic buy now. Perhaps speak you your local breastfeeding support group?? Mine are coming to see me at my home tomorrow and this is the kind of stuff they can help with. Idf you dont have a number, ask your doctor or midwife and they will put you in touch.

Sound like a good idea for the m n s ones xx

That does sound good Tracey :) have ordered one of the emma jane ones from boots but I'll go get measured at M&S some time next week and get the pack of two!

Thanks girls :) xxx

matalan sell them for resonable prices and are really nice designs and comfy x

I plan on breastfeeding but haven't bought any nursing bras yet because I have no idea what size I'll be - my boobs haven't grown at all during pregnancy but I'm told they will when my milk comes in, so I'm guessing I'll just have to wait til after baby is born before I get measured for some

I went and got measured at a lovely little local shop the other day and got a gorgeous hot milk bra and knickers set.......but they aren't cheap lol the set was about £50 but I have always liked nice undies and wanted some nice nursing ones so I'm happy :)
I'm planning on getting a couple from m&s on my next trip to Bristol that I saw before and liked :)
And. Think I'm going to get another one or two hot milk ones butwill order them online now I know the size so I can save a few pennies :)
Oh and iv gone from a 36c to a 36dd

Just wanted to bump this thread up, some of you have had your babies already, what did you find useful? My boobs havent grown as well, still B cup. I want something nice looking, do you really have to have nursing bras or can you do with normal ones? I have no idea how it work, lol

The one I got was perfect as my boobs grew and the bra was stretchy . Even though I'm now on formula it's still comfy for my noobs :) xx

I'm on formula now too but love it for sleeping in at night :) x

I'm breastfeeding and I'm loving my nursing bras, I don't think I could cope with a regular bra so I'd say If you are going to bf then you should def get some nursing bras

I got measured at about 36 weeks, and that size is fitting me fine, they have a good stretch to them so fit well when my boobs are full and when they are empty lol

The drop down cups make discreet feeding really easy :)
I've now got my hot milk u dies as well as some plain black and White From m and s and a spotty one from matalan :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back