Confused by Nursing Bras

Toni_Win

Reaction score
When i was in Mothercare the other day I decided to have a look at maternity bras and prices etc. but as I was looking I realised there were none that were anywhere near my new size.

Currently I am wearing a size 40B non wired bra, but need to put a bra extender on, so technically I'm a 42B. Now I am still fitting into size 12-14 pre-pregnancy tops (in terms of bust area, obviously they're stretched a bit over bump), so I don't think I am particularly big, but looking on the mothercare website it seems their nursing bras only go up to a size 40, and even then the smallest cup size was a D.

Are their bras sized pre-pregnancy, or am I a really weird size? I've tried looking at the website bra buying guide but it doesn't seem to be working. I was planning to go and get measured there, but don't know if there is any point if they don't sell them in my size. Where else can you get decent (not too expensive) nursing bras?

Thanks.

I would say you have rather large ones lol. Im sure there is a company that does larger ones than that though. I didnt always use my nursing bras with paige and jake i found that t shirt bras or sports bras were comfy and you could easily access them for feeding xx

But that's the point, I really don't have big boobs at all, like I said I am still a B cup and still fit into size 12-14 non maternity tops. I know people who are much much bigger than me both in terms of cup size and how big around the trunk, so if I can't find nursing bras to fit, how do they cope?

i read it wrong thought you put E not B.(Should wear my glasses lol) have posted a link above for you that have larger back sizes and start at B x

I've just bought a few nursing bras from mothercare, I would say they were very helpful. I was told that the size around ribs go down after you give birth, so you might still get some bras from them!!! Good luck!!!

I've just bought the most comfortable nursing bra ever! It's not pretty so people going for style/pretty looks wouldn't like it. I wore it to work and it was so comfy! And at £12 you can't complain! It was from tesco. Go on tesco clothing website and look up nursing bras.xx

Ps I'm in between sizes 36/38 and my boobs are something like DD/E cup. With this one you don't have to worry about up size. Just the back measurement! So much easier.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back