under,over or on bump ?

myst

Reaction score
Maternityt trousers [jeans] in the past ive gone for 'over the bump ones' but havent needed them until ive got quite a large bump and been able to 'fill' them lol
Im thinkin of going for 'under the bump jeans this time...wondering what you ladies find works best for you and what particular brands u go for ?

thx muchly

x

This is my first baby and I went crazy for maternity wear that falls off me because I haven't got much of a bump yet!!! I thought i'd be huge by now but i'm hardly showing :(

I went for 'over the bump' stuff but when you haven't got a bump - its just falls down lol

Maybe next time (if there is a next time) I'd go for more 'under the bump' stuff 8)

i tried some mothercare Jeans on that were over the bump and were very comfy but didn't look like they would stretch through the whole of pregnancy so bought some adjustable trousers instead. I have also been given a pair of next over bump trousers they are devinely comfy ..never tried any under the bump trousers

I wore under-the-bump from about 12 weeks when my usual jeans started getting a bit tight. I'm still wearing them now but got my over-the-bump ones (with the sexy elastic panel!) too.

I'm not keen on on-the-bump, I think they make me look fat not pregnant!

I have one pair of under the bumps from Topshop (bought 2nd hand from eBay, bargain). They're probably the most comfortable.

Hope that helps!!

I have the under bump ones.

I have jeans and combats.

Got mine from NEXT and they are really comfy, I think priced quite reasonably and you get a maternity belt with them ...love them :cheer:

I've got a great pair of under the bump jeans from M&S, think they were £35.00 and I've had plenty of wear from them, really comfy too!!

Also got an over the bump skirt from Next which is pretty comfy - I'll be mixing styles I think, but for Jeans I like the under bump ones as they feel more like normal jeans.

The only pair of trousers/jeans i can fit into is a pair of jogging bottoms which are over the bump ones i wore when i was pg with jaycee. My mums sorting all the jeans i wore from my last pg coz they were hers lol, she had slim legs but chubby belly lol

I've got some under the bump jeans from Next which I could wear before I was even showing, the style is great and their really comfy, although they do have a habit of falling down so I am forever hitching them up. At the moment I can just about wear a belt with them, but in a couple of weeks I won't be able to do it up so will have to resort to hitching them up again!!

Yeah mine do that too - especially if I sit down, need to make sure I don't flash my big pants to anyone!!! :lol:

They are so comfy though!

I had a pair of under & over and I found the over ones fell off my bump alot even when i had filled them out but the under ones were fab!!

i didnt like under the bump ones cos they always felt like they were falling down and the crotch bit was practically at your knees after a bit of walking :D

glad it's not just me who seems to be forever pulling them up!! :D

I bought some of the bib and brace hipsters, all the teens/20's wear them with the braces round their ass but i wear them up so the hipsters don't fall down, they're great :D My daughter laughed at me but comfort is the thing thats needed.

Ive got some nice under the bump jeans from next that ive worn to death. But as ive got bigger ive got some over the bump jeans. Dont really wear my under the bump ones now im bigger.

My comfiest purchase so far has to be my mothercare dungarees! Sooo not a good look but oh my god how comfy! Especially going commando... (knickers are getting a bit tight and I WILL not wear maternity ones!) I haven't worn them out of the house yet but I'm sure I will once I've got a more obvious bump.

Aww i love the mothercare dungarees! I wanted them with Jaycee! Let me know how u get on with them im considering them for this time round!
Must be better in summer i'd imagine?

I've only worn them around the house, haven't dared be seen in public in them without a bump! They're really really comfy, very roomy (and adjustable to grow with bump) and I've just put a jumper on underneath if it's cold.

I'll maybe post a pic later :wink: they look so silly!!!

Yeah post a piccy!! I really want some but not sure, they seem to look nice on everyone but me lol!

maybebaby said:
My comfiest purchase so far has to be my mothercare dungarees! Sooo not a good look but oh my god how comfy! Especially going commando... (knickers are getting a bit tight and I WILL not wear maternity ones!) I haven't worn them out of the house yet but I'm sure I will once I've got a more obvious bump.

My mate brought me some really nice stretchy kinckers from La Senza, they are so so comfy and actually look alright too, they're a bit like hipster shorts. I would definetly recommend them rather than having to resort to big (unsexy) knickers. I'm going to Milton Keynes next week and I'm going to make sure that I pop into La Senza to stock up on them. They're great and ideal for pregnancy as they sit below the bump.

Bexie said:
maybebaby said:

My mate brought me some really nice stretchy kinckers from La Senza, they are so so comfy and actually look alright too, they're a bit like hipster shorts. I would definetly recommend them rather than having to resort to big (unsexy) knickers. I'm going to Milton Keynes next week and I'm going to make sure that I pop into La Senza to stock up on them. They're great and ideal for pregnancy as they sit below the bump.
I find lasenza underwear lovely but expensive! I LOVE Primark undies!!! Especially the french knickers like the hipster shorts things too, and they are only £1-£2.50!! I love them they are so comfy and i refuse to buymy underwear anywhere else! The bras are tops too! £4 a go aint bad going! They are top quality too and last for aaaaaaaaaaaaages unlike alot of cheaper clothes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back