Over or under the bump?

floppit

Reaction score
Which do you prefere for bottoms - especially trousers?

I thought I'd mainly wear under the bump because the over ones looked a bit gross on the hanger. BUT now the bump is here I hate my under bump trousers, they feel like they'll fall down any minute and cut into me when I sit down. For under bump stuff I prefer my old jeans, a hair band to attach the buttons and a belly band over the top.

I've now bought 2 pairs of over the bump trousers and an over the bump sirt I bought ages ago and I love them.

Has anyone else found the same thing or is it just me?

I personally hate the over bump stuff, it has to be under the bump. I do however agree that they so tend to dig in after a while and you do need to keep pulling them up man style :rotfl: but for me under is much better than over.

Next have some really comfi jersey style trousers that you can have under or over the bump they are £17.00 and soo sooo comfi or if you want to spend a few quid more Isobell Oliver do some boot cut jersey ones that look fab on wash well that are under the bump and dont dig in at all.

Hope this helps. If your anything like me you NEED to be comfi (if im not i get really ratty) :D

personally I have to wear over the bump...

never worn under the bump, but I can imagine I wouldnt feel very comfy in them, would feel like they keep falling down.

I have a pair of black trousers and a pair of joggers which are both over the bump, and a pair of jeans which are under and I can't get comfy in the jeans..Like you said it feels like they are going to fall down at any moment..and also, over the bump hides 'Builders Bums' which I seem to get all the time :lol: so I prefer over.

I find under the bump comfier and over the bump feel weird but still fall down, im mainly wearing leggins under the bump with long tops/jumpers :)

I reckon they should put some of that stuff they use in 'hold ups' stockings on the inside of preggy leggings - I have one pair that I've given up on for now because they're just victims of gravity!

I wish I'd popped down here in tri one to ask about this before I bought ANYTHING!

floppit said:
I reckon they should put some of that stuff they use in 'hold ups' stockings on the inside of preggy leggings - I have one pair that I've given up on for now because they're just victims of gravity!

I wish I'd popped down here in tri one to ask about this before I bought ANYTHING!

Ive just got normal leggins from asda/tescos (about £4 - £5) in my normal size and as they sit under bump they have fitted perfectly all the way through. They do fall down a little bit but are comfy other than that :)

Happy chick that sounds a bit like my Primark stretch lycra 'basic tee shirt' find. The size 18's look like a size 12 but stretch uber easy round bump adn will stretch plenty more too. I love them because they're not fussy, show off my bump and only cost £2.50!!

I'll have a look at the leggings in asda next time.

My most comfy trousers are a pair of over the bump trackie bottoms from next- I live in them in the house but wouldn't dare wear them out ( that might change over the next couple of weeks though :roll: )

I have smart under bump jeans but they always fall down and I need to keep hoiking them up and I have some really comfy over the bump jeans but they just aren't as fancy but wear them the most when out unless going somewhere fancy

i generally have over the bump but they are getting tight now tha i have to lie on the bed to do them up but when i've worn them for a day they need hoisting up all the time so i bought me 4 pairs of under bump ones from next in the sale as i only have 4 weeks left. When i tried them on i felt like they might feel like they're coming down and after reading this now i don't know what to do, keep em or take em back :?

defo over the bump for me, but they have to be stretchy material!!
I find that my underwear rolls down and digs into me if I wear under bump trousers.

I only own 2 pairs of maternity trousers (one black pair and a pair of jeans) but I stuck the jeans in the tumble dryer and I think they shrunk as they are now skin tight - think I might have to go out and get some more as I dont think I can last another 12 weeks with only one pair??

I prefer over the bump trousers too. When I started needing maternity clothes at around 15 weeks :shock: I got a few under the bump items..... what a waste of money! They didn't last 5 minutes, felt so uncomfortable and fell down all the time.

I'm now living in one pair of jeans from Mothercare, two pairs of jogger pants from Tesco and a pair of jersey trousers from M&S. I'm just hoping they last me until the end of my pregnancy... don't want to spend any more on clothes at the moment!

my leggings are more comfy to wear than my jeans atm, but i find they keep riding up my legs, by the end of the day, i might aswell be wearing pedal pushers :rotfl:

I prefer under the bump although have not had any success finding a pair that I don't have to keep yanking up all the time. They always seem to slide south!

Me thinks we need sellotape!! Mind you my belly has got hairy so that might hurt! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back