Uncomfortable in bed

Olive

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Does anyone feel more uncomfortable on one side than the other?

I do try and sleep on my left but tbh end up sleeping on my right as well. Anyway, mw told me at last appointment to maybe try left just to help him move head down as his back was on my right. It must have made sense somehow, although I can't work it out.

Anyhoo, last night my left side was soo uncomfortable. Like a lead weight. Every time I moved myself I made a noise :roll: Just felt so heavy. But sleeping on my right wasn't a problem.

I've got mw tomorrow so will find out if he's moved :pray: but will ask her as well. Just wondered if anyone has the same.

xx

Last edited:
sleeping in general is uncomftable for me,

my legs and bum start aching is i lay on one side too long so i have to keep turning. if i lay on my back baby goes nuts and starts doing kung-fu!

i know what you mean tho hun, any professionals i've spoken to have suggested physio, or else told me to deal with it.

hope it gets better soon. xxxxx

Thanks smokey. I can cope with it, it's just very strange. It's like the whole weight is on one side iykwim.

I get dead legs at night and a dead hand if I lean on it too lol.

xx

yuck i just cant get comfy either, ive pulled a muscle in my left bicep and my back too so im a big bundle of owwwwww right now. feel really miserable because of it too

I have problems sleeping too hun. I usually lie on my right cos it used to be the most comfortable but now I wake up with hip ache after lying on my right for a long period of time. I cannot lie on my left-it makes me feel really sick. I think I'm the only one who experiences feeling sick when lying on my left. lol. So either way I cannot win. I'm either in pain or feel sick.

However the last couple of weeks, I have been taking my V shaped pillow to bed and putting it under my bump and between my legs. I have also got another pilllow behind my back. However, it has not helped completely but it does take the weight off your bump by having a pillow under it.

I experienced the exact same problems in my previous pregnancy including feeling sick when lying on my left - really strange hey? In my last pregnancy, I ended up sleeping sort of sitting propped up with pillows for the last 4 weeks of it due to aches and pains and really bad heartburn when lying down. Looks like I'm heading the same way for this pregnancy too :(

I can only suggest that you try different positions with the support of pillows hun.

Hope you eventually find a comfortable way to sleep and get some rest cos you'll need it before baby comes :)

xx

Thanks so much ladies.xxx

Will go check out that site :) x

Awww hunny I do sympathise :hug:

I have awful troubles sleeping, hips/legs go dead and become very painful and I just can't wait to sleep on my front again!!!

The only way I can get some sleep is to use my 5ft bolster cushion to prop my back up at an angle so some of the weight is taken off a hip, and a thin pillow under my bump.

I was refferred to the hospital physio by the midwife and she was fab, gave me some excersises to do with a gym ball and a bump support girdle which makes such a difference if I'm on my feet.

I was kept awake most of last night in agony with my hips. As soon as I sat up though the pain seemed to go away. Ive put it down to baby lieing awkwardly :(

I try to sleep on the left - but apparently bubs doesnt like it. She kicks like mad most of the time - i swear its like she's bouncing her feet on the matress!! - and it gets harder and harder till i have to move - then she stops!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back