Twins.

Selina13

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I hope your first trimester is going well.

Ok, I'm sat here thinking about my pregnancy (I'm only 5+ weeks) and I'm starting to worry that if it's twins we won't cope financially.

I went back to work part time in February when my little boy was 1 and we just wouldn't be able to afford£350 per day for 3 children to go nursery. I'm really loving my job and I feel it's a great balance for my little boy going nursery 3 days and being with me and his daddy the rest of the time. My husband works full time and doesn't get home till gone 6 and the idea of having twins and a 2 year old all day everyday freaks me out!

It took us 5 years to have our beautiful boy and I believe all children are a blessing, I have loved being a mummy and having a year off with him but I'm now enjoying being back in work.
I want to have a year off with this baby (or babies) then go back to my part time job but that's impossible if it's twins!

Is anyone else feeling the same? I'm going to book an early scan when I'm 8 weeks to check all is ok, see my beautiful little bean and also see if there is 1 or 2!

Has anyone had a 2 year old and newborn twins?

Xx

My friend had twins then another sit of twins when her boys were just 2 she now has 4 boys under 4 lol she had the same worried but is managing really well it's tough and can be a struggle but she wouldn't change it for the world. If you're really stressed why don't you book in for an early scan to put your mind at ease

Hi I share your worries!!!

I am 14 weeks pregnant with twins....we have a 3 year old daughter too. Our childcare bills for the twins in full time nursery and my daughters wrap around care before/after school will be £1700 per month (yours seems awfully steep per day?)

I have decided that I would like to return full time if my job role still exists after maternity leave (I am a quality checker working remotely from home), but if it doesn't then I will give up work - which isn't something I want to do tbh.

I was generally more anxious about this pregnancy as we lost a baby last year, so we decided to have an early private scan at 7.5 weeks, which is when we found out it was twins. If its really stressing you out then id get an early scan done to check as you may be stressing over nothing!

What makes you think it's twins?
Don't worry, if it is you will find a way xx

Things always sort themselves out. Try not to worry until you know for sure there is 2 in there.. otherwise it's unnecessary worrying.

xxxx

Thanks ladies! I have loads of twins in my family 5 sets that I personally know! So there's a chance but I don't actually think I'm having twins, I was just weighing up how things are going to work out with 1 or 2.

I'm going to book an early scan to be prepared and also check all is well.

Oh, I think it was £350 per week sorry! But still it's a lot when I don't earn that much a week working part time. X

Thanks ladies! I have loads of twins in my family 5 sets that I personally know! So there's a chance but I don't actually think I'm having twins, I was just weighing up how things are going to work out with 1 or 2.

I'm going to book an early scan to be prepared and also check all is well.

Oh, I think it was £350 per week sorry! But still it's a lot when I don't earn that much a week working part time. X

There are lots of twins in both sides of my family and one woman had 5 sets herself!!My grandmother was a twin and I keep hearing how it skips a generation so I worry that when I get pregnant it will be twins too. Good luck with the scan, hope it all works out well for you x

Do you get tax credits at the moment or chuldcare vouchers through work? It's worth going on the hmrc tax credits calculator and working out the hypothetical situations - number of children, earnings, childcare costs etc so you can see where you stand and what help you'd get. It's a shame the 15 hours free chuldcare is only for people not working as it seems totally backwards, it's the people at work who need the childcare, if you're at home it's less essential! Makes going back to work very tough. I work part time but it's in the evenings so we don't have to pay to put our son in nursery. If I worked in the day it'd be pointless as I'd spend most of my earnings on the fees to get him looked after.
Do you have any family that could provide childcare one day a week perhaps to relieve the financial strain?

That's not true you just have to be under a certain income to qualify for free hours. It's is bend as hell because the limit of income is ridiculously low before they cut off all help!

Then there's a choice of 11 hours weekly every week of the year or 15 hours a week with time off at term time.

Yeah that's what I mean, basically one low income really so assuming you're a couple, if both of you work you wouldn't qualify but you'd need it, whereas if one of you didn't you'd probably be eligible yet one of you would actually be at home all the time so less of a need for it.. My husband gets paid a crap wage and if I didn't work we'd be eligible for the 2+ childcare but because of his low income I have to work part time just to cover the bills and that pushes us over the childcare limit. It's a bizarre set up!

I feel exactly the same!! we went last night and only saw one pole and a small yolk sac so were slightly relieved on the multiple birth front.. only for the sonographer tell us at this early stage there could easily still be two!!

I think I might be right there with you having another one when I get back from holiday too! LOL

Had a look (we don't get child benefit, child tax, we get nothing) at childcare vouchers and we get no more than now.

It will be a real financial struggle but I'm booking an early scan and I suppose only time will tell! Any child is a blessing and we would just have to get on with it but it's a bit scary!

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back