Twins or further on?

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by sharonvardy, Jun 3, 2005.

1. sharonvardy

sharonvardy Active Member

Hello, can anyone advice me please. I am only six weeks preganant but my boobs are incredibly sore, which they weren't before (5th baby) and my stomach is huge and when I did the pregnancy test it usually comes out with a faint pink dot but this time it came out with a DARK PURPLE one and my last period was a week early and only a few days long.

Could I be further on than I thought or could it be twins or is this just normal, I should know as it is my fifth baby but it all seems a bit strange to me.

Can any one advice me please.
    Sharon.

2. newbump

newbump Well-Known Member

As far as I am aware the colour should make any difference, i dont think it can determine if there are twins, i would say just an odd test with a weird colour to it!!!

Do you have a scan booked to check your dates?

Natalie

3. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

i am questioning twins aswell, i normal have to wait till im 6 to 8 weeks gone before i showed up on tests, but i showed on this pregnancy at 4 weeks, plus im starting to have a bump already and im getting symptoms alot eariler than i should.

my midwife is going to book me in for an eariler scan, prob at 10 weeks, to see how many i have

4. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

Hi,

Im worried about twins to.
    with this pregnancy i have been sick all day everyday and it never lets up and with my first i only had it for an hour in the morning,
    plus i am alot more tired than with Amy, mind you i do have Amy to run around after as well as work.

but my dad is a twin and we are the lucky ones in this area cos we get 12 week and 20 weeks scan's- where as some places only have 20 weeks so hopefully i will find out. :D