tv hates

trixipaws

Reaction score
i dont mean shows that suck etc i mean things that happen on general tv that u hate.
i hate it when a talkshow or something they hav a guest on and they are talking about something they feel quite passionate about, and are getting really into it then the presenters rudely cut them off coz theyve ran out of time :( i hate that

I hate things like Just for Laughs, Candid Camera, Beadles About etc where tricks are played on people. I would go mad if it happend to me

I HATE it when the weather people (usually Sky news) spend all the time talking about really random places "todays location of the day is Latvia..the weather in Latvia for the next few days will be...."

I mean, really, who cares?? Except people in Latvia and they'll have their own bloody weather show.

Also they talk for ages about overnight weather, and weather at 6am, but when you wait to hear about 2pm or a NORMAL time of day they jump right to talking about the evening again :evil:

midna said:
Oh and I hate adverts and constant sky repeats lol...

"whoa is that thunder your end or mine?" fuck off you irritating "yes we have a mortgage" twat!!!!

'When good times go bad and attack caught on camera 4' "yes we know they go bad....we have seen them all before assholes!!!!!'

American reality police shows

OOOOOO look another drunk driver falling over when trying to walk the straight line :roll:

Bit of a controversial one here...

I hate any drama series :shock: Anything like 'cracker' or a programme about a detective trying to solve murders. I hate them :evil:

Why would anyone rather watch that when they can switch over and watch a good repeat about an ancient tribe somewhere on National geographic or Discovery channel? Mind you I don't read fiction either. I only like real things. (apart from Eastenders occasionally).

:)

libs said:
American reality police shows

OOOOOO look another drunk driver falling over when trying to walk the straight line :roll:

They got me through most of my labour... i need some real mindless crap to take my mind off my next contraction :rotfl: :rotfl:

I hate adverts with dubbed over voices and the mouths don't match up - cillit bang is it? the one with the shiny penny?

Argh :x

urchin your latvia post made me LOL :rotfl:

I hate adverts for cheesy music. For instance that Daniel O' Donnell one that is on during the daytime at the minute. :evil: :evil:

I HATE adverts for programmes that are only avainlable on Sky when I dont even have Sky!!!

I find myself going 'oh that looks good, Ill wtach it' then realise that I cant!!!!

I hate saturday morning kids tv. The background noise is like all the other saturday morning tv you have ever heard. A bit like the background crowd noise at football matches :?

lou said:
Bit of a controversial one here...

I hate any drama series :shock: Anything like 'cracker' or a programme about a detective trying to solve murders. I hate them :evil:

Why would anyone rather watch that when they can switch over and watch a good repeat about an ancient tribe somewhere on National geographic or Discovery channel? Mind you I don't read fiction either. I only like real things. (apart from Eastenders occasionally).

:)

haha totally agree :lol:

We only watch hollyoaks, lost, and any interesting documentaries - usually stuff about religion or evolution or the universe, or something about science, philosophy etc, and if there isnt one on (weve watched all the ones on demand lol) we find one to download or watch a film.

Its weird, but I never used to watch tv atall and only had one to watch films on etc, and the tv was never on unless i was watching a film other than that id be listening to music or reading or something, but since moving in with OH the TV is always on even as background and we sometimes spend half an hour trying to find something interesting to watch because we're too tired to do anything else :roll:

But back to topic, what I hate about TV is ADVERTS!!!!!!! Why are they always so much louder than the programme your watching? Why are 99.99% of them so damn cheesy? grrrrr hate adverts lol

haha ggg thats reminded me of something Jed said the other day. He'd fallen asleep on the sofa the night before then done the 'waking up at 3am and trying to turn everything off with your eyes still closed so you stay asleep enough to get in bed and get straight back to it' and he asked me why the TV is so much louder at 3am than any other time? We can have the tv turned up to volume 6 bars in the evening but at 3am 6 bars would wake the dead!

Weird. So to sum up I hate 3am noisy tv! :)

I hate it when a series starts off slow and then gets really good and then they end the season on the best one and it doesnt come back fro a few months...

HOW VERY DARE THEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to have Freeview and after about 10:00 you used to get these date chat adverts, which were basically sex chat glossed over.
I used to cringe at the content, the music and the 'actors'. Scary stuff! :shock:

kazlin said:
I used to have Freeview and after about 10:00 you used to get these date chat adverts, which were basically sex chat glossed over.
I used to cringe at the content, the music and the 'actors'. Scary stuff! :shock:

Yeah because if you did ring the number you wouldn't be chatting to an enormous sweaty troll doing her ironing with a fag hanging out of her mouth and her husband pissed up asleep on the sofa, it would definately be a fit young chick sitting in on a friday night waiting for a call from a dirty old perv :roll:

There are several things I hate...

anything like CSI, CSI Miami, etc... they go in spray the place with luminol and find their murderer... :rotfl: Like everything... lets spray it with luminol... psssf...

I hate anything dubbed.... For gods sake... we are trying to encourage literacy... put in subtitles... :roll: I especially hate the dubbing on the news, where you can still hear the original persons voice in the background... I find it really distracting... especially if its Spanish news with the original speak speaking English, or English news with the original speaker speaking Spanish.. I have trouble concentrating on one language to get the full story and get hacked off with the translations....

When the adverts are louder than the actual TV series.... so you have to turn the sound up to listen to what's being said.... then the adverts come on and blast your ears off (and give the baby hiccups :roll:)

People who watch programs then complain that they are inappropriate to watch and their kids shouldn't be watching it... er then don't let your kids watch it???' I mean it's a TV...It can be unplugged, thrown out, locked away if it offends you that badly... or better still... Turn the channel over!!!

And finally TBC... To Be Continued... er why..???? These only happen in series where the majority of the people watching are addicted to the series and will be watching the next one come hell or high water anyway.. :roll: like Stargate, Star Trek, Lost. What is the point other than to mearly drag things out and annoy the watchers... hmmmm????

This is why I don't watch much telly... :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back