Bernado's advert -update THEY ARE GETTING WORSE!

Jade89

Reaction score
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I hate it I hate it I hate it!

It keeps coming on, I have only seen it tonight but it's been on about 50 times already!

I think it's only a night time ad.

It shows a girl in a cell, then it shows her being smacked across the head while she's eating, then her shooting up (herion) in the street, then fighting in the street, then in a classroom looking rough and telling the teacher she doesn't know what something says (I think)...But it's horrible it just keeps repeating! :cry:

You probably wont know what i'm on about until you see it but I really don't like it! :(

----------------------------------

OK....just seen another late night advert where a family is trying rush out of a burning house and it actually did make me feel ill! Saying ''know your escape plan'' Well now i'm going be awake all bloody night now planning one :wall: I have a rough idea already but now these adverts are just making me bad, they are getting worse...I think it's all about shock treatment and stuff but gosh...All I wanna do is have a good night sleep...Nope thats ruined now :shakehead:

I think i'm gonna switch the telle off!

Does anyone else think some adverts go too far? I mean I know some of it's the truth but c'mon...don't we all? :puke:

yeah i hate the girl being slapped one, its so ferocious, its horrid

I dont think they do. They are worrying but that one with the fire has made me far more vgilant about electricity and smoke alarms. I used to leave my washing machine on, set for the timer so it would click on at 5.30 and be done for me waking. Not anymore and I wont let the kids have lights in their room unless its for an hour after they go to bed, then I put them off.

The fire one was pretty bad though. :(

Have you seen the late night one about the man who isnt wearing a seat belt and they show you graphici what happens to his internal organs when he crashes the car?
The first time i saw it i was shocked :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yeah seen that one, I know they are there to knock sense into people but they are awful and play on my mind something shocking.

Your not the only one, that car advert makes me think what if we crash, every time we are in the car now :S
I didnt quite get the one that repeats with the woman in but everytime it is on my DS watches it and i hate it. For some reason he seems to watch all these dodgy ads.

Now someone correct me if i am wrong, but you know the car crash one with the organs being forced to the front of his body, well surely that would happen regardless of you wearing a seatbelt or not as the force would come from the impact as a seatbelt isnt gonna stop you inside organs from moving. :think: That advert has me puzzled on that account.
TBH i thought that if you didnt wear a seatbelt the most likely cause of death from a head on collision would be bashing your head off the steering wheel or window.

I also think these adverts are a good idea because some people are totally unaware of certain dangers and if it makes a person stop and think twice about certain actions and potentially save their lives then i think thats a good thing. Some people need to be shocked into things like wearing seatbelts and the like.

I dunno about the seatbelt thing,it makes sense what your saying though.

Yeah they are a good idea to shock people into using their heads but they play on my mind for days :(

Flame - I think the girl never had a very good life, from being physically abused at home, to not doing well at school, to using heroin, and getting in fights then being sent to jail...but it just keeps repeating and the worst bit is her being smacked around the head it's horrible :(

I must admit the barnardos one is quite extreme especially for daytime viewing :?

If you check out the barnardos website it's got a big thing on why they're doing these new adverts.

They are just going to get worse as they're doing one where the entire dialogue is from research they did on to peoples perceptions of children, i've just looked for the ad on their website, and cant find it, probably a good thing as it made me feel ill the way they describe kids.

I think the adverts are a good idea, they base them on research etc and it does shock, but unfortunately it is the reality of some people. I'm doing my dissertation on child morality so it's something i'm looking in to atm

Things like the car seat belt adverts work on me!! I'd never get in a car without a seatbelt on, and i'm not even happy driving 10m in a car park without Tally being 100% straped in her car seat

barnados have made some really shocking ads, the baby and cockroach one was particularly :shock:

:shock: what was the baby and cockroach one?

On a superficial level I detest ads like that, but I do understand their importnace...better have an ad like that, that may do some good, than another one encouraging your child to pester you for yet another dose of mind rot, tooth rot etc

all these charity ads make you feel bad for not giving, when there's a bloomin credit crunch!!!! not many people can afford to feed themselves just now, let alone give money away. I hate those charity people that pester ya in the street too :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back