Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross

Flame

Reaction score
Does anyone else who has heard about this think it has been slightly blown out of proportion? I think it has, They have apologised and really i think it should have been the person putting the show on air that needs the talking to as they were asked not to air it but still did.

Now they have suspended all there tv and radio shows until further notice! Silly silly silly!

Way OTT IMO, i love them both and ok so they went a bit overboard but as you say they said their sorries what more are they supposed to do :roll:

ninjawomble said:
Im sick of hearing about it to be honest :roll:

probably best not to click on a thread called Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross ;) ;)

I think it's blown out of proportion too, DH was saying the PM was involved last night!

Mr Brown and MP's are getting involved to detract from rather more serious matters like the financial crisis :talkhand: Where theres a bandwaggon....... :roll:

I have heard them both say far worse before on their respective shows and really think its been padded out for the sake of something other than the credit crunch which is old news now and not selling papers.

The way Jonothan Ross makes lurid comments towards guests on his show and Russel brand speaks about his rather colourful life its not suprising when they get together they cause mayhem. Although they should have thought a bit more about how old the actor is (sorry cant think of his real name) the actor must have been aware of Brands humour and likely content of the show before his agent agreed to allow him on so Im sure he is not as easily offended as is being made out. Its all relative really, I for one would not invite either one of them round to my grans for tea as I dont think she would find Brand talking about his ball bags amusing!!! Surley the actors agent thought like this before agreeing to let him on the show?

Who ever was over seeing this show and decided it would be a good idea to air is to blame and should be suspended, not the stars that are encouraged and famed for their over sexualised content, after all why is this show pre recorded anyhow, surley part of the reason is to censor the regular outbursts from Brand and matt morgan??? Having Ross on the show would highten the likelyhood for 'crude' behaviour.

Its all lip service anyway they will be back on the telly telling everyone who listens about the incident very soon Im sure, no way the beeb will loose two big stars from their list.

aramintalovegrove said:
Mr Brown and MP's are getting involved to detract from rather more serious matters like the financial crisis :talkhand: Where theres a bandwaggon....... :roll:

I have heard them both say far worse before on their respective shows and really think its been padded out for the sake of something other than the credit crunch which is old news now and not selling papers.

The way Jonothan Ross makes lurid comments towards guests on his show and Russel brand speaks about his rather colourful life its not suprising when they get together they cause mayhem. Although they should have thought a bit more about how old the actor is (sorry cant think of his real name) the actor must have been aware of Brands humour and likely content of the show before his agent agreed to allow him on so Im sure he is not as easily offended as is being made out. Its all relative really, I for one would not invite either one of them round to my grans for tea as I dont think she would find Brand talking about his ball bags amusing!!! Surley the actors agent thought like this before agreeing to let him on the show?

Who ever was over seeing this show and decided it would be a good idea to air is to blame and should be suspended, not the stars that are encouraged and famed for their over sexualised content, after all why is this show pre recorded anyhow, surley part of the reason is to censor the regular outbursts from Brand and matt morgan??? Having Ross on the show would highten the likelyhood for 'crude' behaviour.

Its all lip service anyway they will be back on the telly telling everyone who listens about the incident very soon Im sure, no way the beeb will loose two big stars from their list.

there is crude behaviour and then there are abusive telephone calls. Andrew Sachs most probably did know what their humour was like and if he was complaining about something they said to him whilst he was on their show then fair enough but they phoned his personal home line and left very disturbing messages. That's when it crossed the line. That can be illegal and was obviously very distressing for Andrew Sachs, who has been extremely dignified throughout this whole situation. Brand and Ross are two grown men who are more then capable of making their own decisions. I agree the producer of the show is also to blame but to make B & R out as being blameless, and it not being their fault as that's what they are like isn't on. Comedy stops being funny the moment someone gets upset.

I'm really disappointed..I love Russell Brand, but what he did with Wossy was a step too far :(

tbh I think they deserved to be suspended - should have thought about what they were doing beforehand

Apparently Russell Brand has resigned from Radio 2!! :(

Mind you its not like he needs the extra pocket money at the moment is it lol.

I love Jonathan but the pair of them acted like tossers. Personal abusive phone calls are well out of order.

And I welcome any news story that detracts from the endless covergae of the fucking recession :lol:

hmmm...i wander what the reaction would have been if this had happened on Radio 1? ...

Dunno if I should merge the threads or not? Everyone happy with 2? Or 1? :think:

I think it's right that they were suspended, but it should have been without pay. The producers or whoever was responsible for airing the prerecorded show should have been suspended too.

I do think the media attention it's generated is way over the top though. I mean come on, BBC national new main headline? Also I don't think either of them resigning or losing their jobs is necessary. Knuckles rapped, learn from the mistake, move on. Silly boys.

I watched it on Youtube to see what the fuss was about. It takes a lot to shock me but to be honest I thought they overstepped the mark. It actually made me cringe.

Two overgrown schoolboys if you ask me.

Can't wait to see what Brucey says on Strictly :lol: :lol: :lol:

The thing that annoys me is that they have had SO MUCH coverage regarding this over the news where as when someone is murdered they get don't get nearly as much coverage DISGUSTING!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back