ttc

Nicole1

Reaction score
Hi - new here. I hope I'm on the right thing, I have been ttc for 30 months, 2 and a half years... My period cycle usually 38-40 day... Can come later or earlier not that often. Had 21 day blood test, come back satisfactory, normal... When blood was done i wasnt due for period for 2 weeks or so, confused with all this. Any help please.

Hi and welcome! I'm sorry I can't help but didn't want to read & run. Someone will be able to advise - everyone is really helpful xx

I am having my 21 day blood test this month and its my understanding that you should have it 7 days after you ovulate as this is when progesterone peaks, hence it being called 21 day bloods as its based on an average 28 day cycle. I use ovulation predictor kits (opks) so know when I ovulate so I will try as much as possible to have the test done 7 days after I ovulate to get the most accurate result. Hope that helps, perhaps you should ask for the test to be redone, along with the cycle day 2-5 blood test that is normal for checking what your hormones are up to. Oh and hello!! Xx

Hello, thank you.. I find it hard to understand all of it really, I have been on at my doctors for a long time to do something, and they gave me the 21 day blood test. I had it on the 7th and got my results yesterday all they said was its satisfactory and normal. So I don't know what it means. If I've ovulated or if I am, as from what I'm aware that's what they are looking at, my last period was 18th may, I'm not due for next period till the 28th, as my periods are averagly 40 days. So I can't see how I could of ovulated when they took the bloods, as I was still 3 weeks away from then to have my next period, sorry if I'm not making any sense lol.. I thought if I ovulate I would at a later date, due to my longer cycle. But they want me to do another blood test on the 21st they said to make sure :s.. Thank you for replying xx

Of your cycles are normally around 40 days you should ovulate around cycle day 26 so perhaps you should use ovulation predictor kits next month to check this? What cycle day day did you have the test done? Xx

Hello and welcome to the forum, good luck xxx

Hello, thank you for welcoming me xx dee28, I will buy some and I had the blood test 21 days from start of last period and was not due for next period for 19 days from when I had the blood done xx

I would say that's too early then, defo speak to your gp about timings for the next one xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back