TTC sperm question

Boobaby

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a question for you guys regarding my OH.

He grew up with an undescendend testicle that he had to have removed when he was in his early 20's, so he now only has the one. We havent started TTC yet, we're hoping to start around May time, so I'm looking for any advice for thing he can try to ensure he's in optimal condition before then.

He doesn't drink a lot, maybe around one beer a week, he doesn't smoke, and we eat healthy, homemade meals most of the week. The only thing he does do that I think can harm sperm is wear tight boxers, but he has to, as he says if he doesn't it hurts his ball as it hangs too much and he can feel it pulling on the tube :shock:

I want to go into this giving our best shot, but I don't want to get too OTT straight away by making him go for tests to as I think it will really hurt him, IYKWIM?

Would really like some advice from you guys about anything we should and shouldn't be doing to help our chances!

Sorry I dont have any advice hun, but didnt want to read and run.
Maybe try some TTC vitamins for men? Im not sure if this would help?
I think you can buy a sperm test on line so you could possible do it at home firet? But dont quote me on that!
Sorry I dont have much advice, but my OH is a female.
Good Luck for your journey though :)

I have just noticed a thread a little lower down if you havent read it yet ... 600% more sperm count I think it is called. Definitely worth a read :)

Hiya :)

My husband also had undescended testicles (both) and had them operated on way later than they recommend so we were concerned too. However he had two sperm analysis done as part of our fertility investigations and they were fine.

Don't let him use a laptop on his knee and stick with the other things you are doing like eating healthy and just go for it. I wouldn't worry him about testing his sperm at the moment. It takes about 3 months for sperm to develop so if he starts taking some male conception vitamins now he will be primed and ready to go by May (same applies to you too ;) ) Good luck and don't get stressed over it.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies LittleDalla and snowbee!

I'll check out the thread below, thanks for mentioning it!

It's always interesting to hear from people that have gone through similar, does your hubby still have both his snowbee? My OH had to have one removed, so he's down to one, but I've heard that shouldn't affect our chances of conceiving. As far as I know I don't have any issues, I have regular periods of around 27 days, and I started taking folic acid this week, are these ok, or would you consider a pre-pregnancy vitamin instead?

Yes he has both. Both were undescended though and that is usually when you get problems. With your oh his one that was ok should be working as normal.

Folic acid is the basic must have so you are fine with that unless you feel you want a conception specific vitamin. We are under the fertility clinic (my problems, not his) and one of their conditions is we have to take the conception vitamins.

Yes he has both. Both were undescended though and that is usually when you get problems. With your oh his one that was ok should be working as normal.

Folic acid is the basic must have so you are fine with that unless you feel you want a conception specific vitamin. We are under the fertility clinic (my problems, not his) and one of their conditions is we have to take the conception vitamins.

Thanks for that info Snowbee, it's really useful! :D I'll look into getting some conception vitamins instead, for both of us!

I really hope you and your hubby get a lovely sticky bean soon!

If you're OH has a liking for really hot baths or showers (like mine does) then get him to lower the temperature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back