help with sperm count

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by sazzleevans, Nov 13, 2007.

1. sazzleevans

sazzleevans Well-Known Member

my bro has been ttc for a year and two test have come back with a 0 per cent and 1 percent sperm count. plus they are abnormal. to make it more complicated his wifes hormone blood test was high.

he is 37 and she is 36. they want to know their options ane maybe go private. anyone got any advice or experiences to share??

thanks

sar

2. shellbham

shellbham Well-Known Member

Did you mean million rather than %?

My DH has a low sperm count. He has had tests that have come back at 1.3 million, 4.4 mill and 1.8 mill. We are having IVF at the moment. Our only option was ICSI as his count was so low.

If he has 0 count then they can sometimes extract some sperm by doing an operation.

He will need to have at least another sperm test done though as they dont usually make a decision based on just one test. A mans sperm can be low one day and fine the next, so they shouldn't worry too much at the moment.

Hope this helps, Michelle x

3. sazzleevans

sazzleevans Well-Known Member

hi

thanks, he was upset as when he rang the docs the secretary just said your sperm has abnormalities, you have no good sperm. he then got upset and rang back wanting to talk to doc. they then called back and said the same plus he had 1 percent, mabe one million but the upset it both tests were bad.

any advice would be good.

4. chellieboo

chellieboo Well-Known Member

I would suggest he gets himself a referral to a urologist/fertility expert asap to see what the options are

goodluck to them xx