• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC Northern Ireland

Seb

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Im new to the forum and just wondering if there's many on here from NI. I usually just read posts in forums rather than posting but feels like I've no one to talk to when ttc as I haven't told family or friends I'm trying! Hubby seriously getting bored with me talking about bodily fluids and cervical positioning!!
:dust:

Heya and welcome to PF :)

I'm from Belfast. I was TTC since June and got my BFP on 1st December.
I'm 25, hubby is 32.

There are a few other ladies from Belfast and surrounding areas on here :) xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm from county down and ttc, 24 hubby 28, married a year and a newbie here myself. Hubby excited about prospect of a baby but not so much when it comes to the business side of it :-D apart from the bd-ing! Lol xx

Aw big congrats! Nice time to find out just before christmas. We were hoping for bfp in dec as it would've been a nice time to tell family..ah well! It's our 3rd month ttc so early days I suppose. All the talk of unplanned pregnancies makes u think it will happen so easily. Not so!

I know! You're told growing up not to have unprotected sex or else you'll get pregnant - no one ever tells you how hard it can be until you're trying!
I know 5 months isn't long but it felt like forever! Xx

Hey dawnt87, have u been trying long? Think the men would be more interested in the business side of it if was their bodies going through the motions! Or come to think of it I still don't think DH would be interested in charting, etc and would wait for it to happen naturally. He's much more laid back than me esp where ttc is concerned!. x

Hi seb, I'm just starting myself, going to try SMEP next month which I'm excited about, my opks arrived this morning so looking forward to getting started!! Good luck to u!! X

Wots SMEP? Just getting the hang of all these abrievations lol x

Don't worry so am I! It's the sperm meets egg plan, google it seems easy enough to follow, I'm not ready to be bothered with the temperature charting etc just yet so will give this a whirl! X

SMEP is sort of hard going, sounds relatively easy but it takes its toll lol.
I have an app on my phone that told me my most fertile week and we SMEP'd over that week just - which worked :)
Fingers crossed for u both xx

I can imagine! I have an app on my phone to jayjay so hopefully it'll work for me too! Big congrats on your bfp! X

Hey I'm from Belfast too :) Been TTC since September. I'm (almost) 21 and my OH is 22. Welcome to the forum. xx

Hi ladies. I'm from Co. Tyrone. Welcome to the forum Seb. Where abouts are you from? I came off the pill at end of April and presumed I would get preg instantly. Not so!! Its fun trying though - until period comes then its heart breaking!! I kind of tried the SMEP thing this month - we'll see next week if it worked!!

Pregnancy Forum is a God send. I've only told my sister that we are TTC. She has been great!! I have a few friends with little-uns but i really don't want to tell people we are TTC - it gets me really down sometimes - I think it would definitely be extra pressure and then everyone would be asking - Any news??? Although DH and I have been married for just over 2 years, people are probably already waiting for an announcement!

Anyhoo. This is a fab place to rant and also symptom spot with others.

Hello & Welcome.

I'm new aswell but not from NI. What are these apps called that people are using??

Hi!

Im from N.Ireland :). Nice to meet you all! I sadly had a miscarraige on 13th oct, and ttc now. I fell pregnant so easily before the mc, and whilst it hasnt been that long since it feels like I've been trying for ages! I'm used to just falling pregnant at the drop of a hat (sadly I have no baby to show for it though :( ) Going through a really tough time at the moment, as a close friend and work colleague are due to have their babies any day now, and all they talk about is child birth etc etc (despite knowing about my MC!). , I am 33, and I just got married in May, I'm now starting to feel the pressure to have a baby even more so since my mc! I wish you all luck in TTC, and hope to keep in touch :) xx

Fx for all of you. Hoping you all get New Year BFP's - and if any of you are having your baby's in The Royal Victoria Hospital - I might see you there ;-) xxx

Nice 2 meet everyone :)

So sorry 2 hear of ur loss karolinamoon. Must b so tough when close friends are about 2 give birth. I'm sure u will fall preg again soon since it happened easily the last time for u.

I'm from Co.Armagh leeleekitty. It took a year for my periods to return after being on pill for over 10 years. GP actually told me it can take up to 2 years for fertility to return after pill!!! So I started charting last month to see if I'm ovulating, temps were all over the place the 1st cycle but acording to fertilityfriend I did ovulate. Temps alot more consistant this cycle, should ovulate in about a wk so we'll see. Complicated stuff!

Just wondering if there's anything else I should b doin 2 improve my chances. I've just started using preseed I'm taking pre conception vitamins. Anyone have any thoughts on ovulation kits, are they needed if I'm checking all the signs?

Thanks xx

I live across the road from the Royal jayjay lol. Hopefully I get my BFP this month. Dying to meet my future LO <3 xx

Hi girls I'm 29 from lisburn, just got married in the summer and been ttc since then, the witch is 2 days late, just done a clearblue digi but it was negative, I'm never late, so a bit confused because I don't know either way whats happening, someone else has told me to try a first response instead, haven't told hubby what's going on because I don't want to get his hopes up

I'm from Co Tyrone. We were TTC from Feb 2010. Had MMC in January and started TTC again when cycle returned to normal in March. Got BFP in October :) DH really wants baby but didn't like to "perform on demand" so although I kept up with the ovulation tests he knew nothing about them and I just "jumped" him on the days that mattered. One day we were talkin about a work colleague of his who had just announced she was pregnant and he said to me that she used ovulation tests things that she got in chemist. I laughed saying that I was using them too but was trying to keep the BD as fun for him. The next week I got BFP.

:dust::dust::dust::dust: to you all and may 2010 bring you all BFP and healthy pregnancies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back