I'm Gonna Be Lying Low For A While!

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlemiss83

Reaction score
:wave:

Ladies.....

I dont feel like the forum has anything to offer me just now. When I got pregnant with baby number 2, I needed lots of advice after a 7 year age gap. Now, I dont need as much help & I find that, i'm not able to help others....let me explain....

When I had my 1st LO it was extremely difficult for me & OH, with loads of issues regarding work, houses, family, everything came at once & I found I thought I knew alot about babies but It turned out I knew nothing. I had no friends or family to help, no forum like this, I winged it. Now, I dont expect any sort of medal for that, at all. But because I went thro so much I feel like I have alot to offer in the way of advice to other mums who may be struggling financially/relationship wise/house problems ect. But I find all the new threads on here asking for advice, aren't actually asking for advice, for example threads tends to be sorta like......I've been weaning my LO earlier than advised, what do you all think, so if I dont think that person should be weaning early i'm backed into a corner, do I say - oh no, its ok to do that, just to pacify & keep friendships or do I tell the truth, no I dont think its ok. And if im honest I think that ppl are too friendly on a forum thats here purely for advice, obvs if you make friends thats an added bonus, I feel like every time i read a thread, I want to answer honestly what I think but I refrain myself (sometimes lool) from saying what I think incase I upset anyone & it got me thinking....why am I here.

I'm sat here trying to explain more about what I mean but I cant put it into words, I hope this makes sense. I haven't made enough friends on this forum to hang about purely for frienships, perhaps ppl have taken a back seat from being friends with me because of my advice. Its blatantly obvious that i'm not wanted in the GR, everytime I post on a thread its either scrutinised or ignored, and if i post my own threads maybe 3 ppl max will answer, yet....there is threads pages & pages long about guys willies & the like, its not what i'm interested in talking about, i'm not a prude or anything but I feel I cant join in on all that as it isn't me. I'm not gona say cliquey coz i know alot of ppl get their backs up about that.....but it feels like the new girl that has never fitted in. Its like a secret club, you're nice to everyone & your in, if your honest then your not. If any other member of GR posts something there is numerous responses.

Anyway, i'm gona stop rambling, I hope what i've said makes sense. I'm not closing my account or anything like that, but i'll def be taking a back seat. I'll still log in alot, but im not gona be posting.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Anti-forum 'I am leaving....' or threads leaving behind negativity/bad feeling, will either be locked or removed. These are usually posted for attention, create arguments, and often stem from events that have already been dealt with.
Locked!

This is just drama (a little attention seeking). Lot's of people find forums aren't for them either from the beginning or in the future ... they just logoff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back