TTC first baby, who is new to all this??

itisbabytime

Reaction score
I've had a look and can't see any threads or sections specifically for ladies TTC their first baby that are new to this whole world! I am, first month TTC and looks like it hasbt happened (14dpo all tests BFN). Who else is in the same boat as me? Would love to hear from you!! :wave:

Hey. :)

I'm WTT for our 1st.

We're going to start in December. :)

I'm trying for my first - just wish I knew for sure whether I can get pregnant, it's soooo frustrating sometimes x

hi ladies. i have been off of my bc since march. i also have pcos, so i knew this was going to be a hard time for us. i am about to start on my 3rd round of provera/clomid, and i am happy to announce that my recent bloodwork showed that i did in fact ovulate this month. :) this is huge for me because the first round of meds did not result in ovulation and due to my pcos, my body won't ovulate on its own. i have been feeling pretty low lately. this whole process is very draining for me. a month used to fly by me and now a month feels like 3 months because everyday is important, whether for a certain med or for testing your urine for LH spikes or scheduling love-making. and the hormones have made me a bit moody also. there has been more than one moment that i though, is it really worth all of this? but i know that it is. and i am excited to join a forum for the first time in my life and hopefully learn and share some things with other women who are in my boat.

I am new too although have been stalking the forums for a while! We have recently moved from WTT to TTC - I have just finished cycle 1 which resulted in a :bfn: and am now CD2 on Cycle 2 and finding the whole experience daunting, frustrating, and confusing but I am so glad I found this forum to help me through it all...you guys keep me sane(ish)!

Fingers crossed we don't spend too long in TTC - I want to have a peek at Tri 1 but will have to wait until i get my :bfp: which I am praying for with every day that passes!

:dust: to all you lovely ladies!

xxx

:afalert: she turned up today, grrrrrrrr :mad:

cupcake mummy - good luck when the time comes! i wish i found this forum before we started ttc.

stephj25 - i feel exactly the same as you, ive spent the last 10 years on the pill or abstaining during ovulation when we moved onto fertility awareness as a contraception and now after BD everyday for a week over my fertile time and now I have my period I'm like WTF!!!!!! I know its only our first month ttc but I really wanted it to work, how naive am I?!

erica - this is my first forum too, non of my friends or family know we are ttc so it makes life so much easier to come on here and ask questions and talk about things! glad to hear you have begun ovulating!

sazzle -same as you - first month ttc ended with BFN - hopefully we will be moving to Tri1 soon!!!

KirstyMichelle - are you ttc too?

Good luck girls, lots of baby dust coming your way :dust: :dust:

Hey ladies,

I came off the pill end of Jan after 16 years and into cycle 6 now :( I know it feels so disheartening every month so this month I am trying to chill and not think about it (no opks temping or anything) not doing too well though as still thinking about it ha ha.

Hope you all get your bfp soon xx

I am also ttc number 1, only started trying at the beginning of the month

Last edited:
OH and I have also just started TTC for the first time. I'm 32 and I've been on the pill for 6 years, so it could take a while!! I'm not going down the road of OPK's until after September, just going to make sure we have plenty of BD's for the week or so when ovulation should be! (I don't really want to get pregnant in Sept, as June is a far too expensive month as it is - 3 birthdays, 4 anniversaries, and fathers day!!!! Haha.)

We have been trying for our first for about 4 months, although to be honest we've been more not trying, not preventing, but like you I've decided this month is going to be the month! Af is due today, no sign yet but lots of bfn's so I don't think we've done it this month.

I've decided this month we are going to follow SMEP and it's gong to happen! A May baby would be perfect :) Good luck to everyone and lots of baby dust xxx

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

TTC my number two my partners number 1 , its a LTTC been trying for a long time now diagnosed PCOS just a couple months ago, i have said it will be more of a suprise and i will just be way more emotional than i was with first cos of tying for so long and having it in the back of my mind that it isnt goin to happen. My first TTC was easy and i fell quite quickly . I just wanted to wish all you first timers all th luck in the world x x

Lots of luck to you too hun. Lets all go to tri 1 together! :) xx

LD - don't worry, 6months isnt a long time, will just be your body taking its time to recover from all the pill hormones! keep us updated, when you next testing??

marshma - its scary but exciting at the same time isn't it. i'm out this month, witch got me :(

Lou - good luck, wish i could be as relaxed as you and just let things happen for a few months before starting OPKs and stuff, good luck hope you dont need them!

Taffy -your not out till AF comes! let us know if you poas again. I read about the SMEP plans and it seems pretty straight forward. will do some more research and maybe give it a go this month.

I need this forum so bad as the only person that knows about us ttc is my hubby obv, its so hard not being able to talk about it to my friends esp when you are in the 2ww!! I won't lie, I am disspointed it hasn;t happened this month, but I'm prob just naive to think it would. Everytime I see a baby or a pregnant lady i'm like "awwwwwww" I'm SOOOOO broody!!

itisbabytime i have so many emotions right now, mainly because i am frustrated that i have no idea what my body is doing as i have never ever had regular afs :(

do you monitor your cycles to see if you are ovulating? i only recently started learning about this stuff, fertility friend is a good website. Basically you can learn to spot and monitor your bodies subtle and not so subtle signs of ovulation - ie increased cervical mucus of egg white consistency, being more horny (well I am anyway), your basal body temperature changing etc. You can also buy ovulation predictor kits, basically just like pregnancy tests which will confirm you are ovulating. it would maybe reassure you to look into this stuff. stress is no good if you are TTC!!!

itisbabytime - I'm in pretty much the same boat as you...no-one else knows we are ttc, no family or friends know so I have nobody to talk to about it all, this is why i love this forum, it gives me so much support...and all from a bunch of strangers...lovely strangers but strangers nonetheless!

I agree we are not telling anyone we are ttc and it can be very lonely so this forum's great! My OH is very supportive but he doesn't really get it all love him. I received my CB digital ov sticks today so fingers crossed for a smiley face this month. Although I'm a bit confused at the moment. I thought I had been visited by AF this morning but it seems to just be brown discharge (sorry tmi). I've been reading online and have seen this could be old blood and if AF doesn't arrive there's still a chance of pregnancy. So I'm a bit confused now :? x

have you tested taffy??

loads of people at my work are having babies at the moment and when they bring them in so small and cute I'm always like "oh so cute" when inside I'm screaming "aarrgghhhh I want one, when is it my turn!!"

a little more about me - hubby and i both turn 28 this year, been together for almost ten years, been married for 2 years. we live in scotland, we finished uni a few years ago and have bought our own place. the only thing left is the most important - start a family!! everything about it excited me, from getting a BFP, buying a pram, breast feeding and the bonding, watching them walk - its all just SO amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back