TTC - Feeling blue

PixiePie

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I'm new on here, was going to post a thread on the introduce yourself forum but thought it may be better here.

Me and my husband have been ttc for a few months now with no luck. Been off the pill since November 2012 and AF appears to be a complete cowbag as I haven't settled into a routine yet (AF has ranged between 19 days and 33 days so far!!)

Currently waiting for AF to show up again (on day 31 right now - htp done on day 28 was negative) but feeling pretty blue due to the fact that a friend of mine at work recently found out she was 3 months pregnant, and another lady at my work just told me recently that she's also pregnant.. neither of them were actually trying either which is infuriating.

Thought it would do me good to join a forum and be able to talk to others in a similar position - it will at least save the other half from having to listen to me complain all the time!

I have recently purchased the clearblue ovulation kit to use next month, hopefully that will help... but until af decides to rear her ugly head I kinda feel like I'm in limbo!
So yeah... could just do with a few sympathetic and understanding ears right now!

Hi hun. Welcome to the forum! Everyone is very friendly here - just jump right in and start posting and you'll settle in fine. You're right, this is a great place for us crazy ladies to have a good chat/rant/whinge about everything. Nice to meet you xxx

Hello! Always a bugger when every other person is announcing their pregnancy. I have a work friend who is pregnanct in our very small office and its so hard watching her bump grow each week. Are you going to test again or wait it out a bit more? xx

Hello and welcome to the forum. This site is great for offloading and getting advice and tips. Hopefully you'll get your sticky bean soon x

Hello PixiePie. I have only been on this site a week and as KarenC says everyone is so friendly. Just being here has helped me so much in only a week. Look forward to chatting to you some more soon xx

I would recommend using cheap OPKs first then you can use loads to pinpoint ovulation! You can get 50 for just a few £s on Amazon. You use one a day from about day 9 or 10 then when you get a faint line you can start using 2 or 3 a day! Then when you get a dark line, do one of the expensive ones to get a smiley face! It saves wasting the good ones! ;-)

Hello. Just wanted to say I had some problems when ttc too. Came off the pill just after Christmas 2011 and didn't find out I was pregnant until December 2012. I know it is really dis-heartening, but hang in there! Apparently it is quite normal to take up to a year to fall pregnant. I know what you mean about other people doing it with out trying though, I'd been trying for almost a year when a friend fell pregnant 'by accident' it is very frustrating. Everyone is different and you'll have your time, just like I got mine in the end :)

I heard recently that 2 years is the average! My friend might have just been saying that to make me feel better though!

Some people can take longer, like I say, everyone is different. It took my auntie 10 years!

Best thing to do is have sex, lots of it and don't make the mistake of going for a wee straight after like I used hehe x

Hi! I'm new too, and I'm going through the same thing you are. I just found out today that my sister-in -law is pregnant. My husband and I have been trying for the last couple of months. I feel bad because I'm not as excited for as I think I should be. I hope this forum works out for the both of us. If you ever want to talk, I'm always around somewhere. :)

Hiya ladies! Thanks for the kind welcome!

Well I dont chuffing believe it.. Did a test this morning (a clearblue digital) and got pregnant! 1-2 weeks!

I dont think I believe it to be honest, after all this time, and just as ive got ovulation tests it goes and does this to me! Im going to do another test to be sure but dont know if I should wait a few days first?
(it was really strange, I had a vivid dream last night that I had a positive pregnancy test, so I thought sod it, I'll do one this morning... I'm sure I must still be asleep...)

Any suggestions ladies? Im half expecting my body, and mind, to be playing tricks on me lol

Okay, well I've just found one of those cheapo dip stick ones in my bathroom cupboard.... Im going to try that now to sate my curiosity for now....... Will post back soon......

Still a bfp!

Dont know how to feel now!! My body has managed to make a complete fool of me lol

Hi, I am new here too, joined 5 minutes ago. My husband and I have been ttc for the last 8 years. I have been to different doctors, in different countries and they all say the same thing 'there is nothing wrong with you'. I had uterine fibroids that were removed in October 2011. We are taking loads of vitamins and it is frustrating. My aunt's 22 year old niece found out she was pregnant and she didn't even want a baby yet, she had a girl last month. It's an easy journey for some and a near impossible one for others, we need to be patient. On the bright side, my cousin's wife has just had their first baby a few weeks ago after 10 years of trying and 2 failed IVF cycles, the miracle is, she conceived naturally in the end :)

Still a bfp!

Dont know how to feel now!! My body has managed to make a complete fool of me lol
:dance: Brilliant news! That sounds pretty conclusive to me! Hope it's a sticky bean xxx

Hi, I am new here too, joined 5 minutes ago. My husband and I have been ttc for the last 8 years. I have been to different doctors, in different countries and they all say the same thing 'there is nothing wrong with you'. I had uterine fibroids that were removed in October 2011. We are taking loads of vitamins and it is frustrating. My aunt's 22 year old niece found out she was pregnant and she didn't even want a baby yet, she had a girl last month. It's an easy journey for some and a near impossible one for others, we need to be patient. On the bright side, my cousin's wife has just had their first baby a few weeks ago after 10 years of trying and 2 failed IVF cycles, the miracle is, she conceived naturally in the end :)

It is all so unfair. Miracles do happen though, I'm hoping for one! Good luck! :clover:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back