TTC at 43

Betty99

Reaction score
I hope I haven't left it to late and was wondering if anyone is on the same journey as me, but I finally met a great guy in which I would love to have a baby with, he is a bit younger than me and I know he would love a family but I'm not sure if I can forfill this for him. So here is my journey so far:
My af stopped being regular just over 8 months ago I put it down to stress in work, visited my GP he precriped tablets to regulate. I continued to take theses for 4 mths then came of them but my af was a no show, only took it 3 times on my own, I got blood test taking which showed I was pri menopausel I was devastated, I checked out IVF but unfortunately I have just missed the age slot and I can't afforded to go private, so I researched Angus Cactus and have been taking this for 3wks along with EPO and today I have started spotting so it must be working :dance: I am tracking OD but it's hard to know since AF isn't regular. I really am hoping for a miracle I don't want to give up hope and maybe some day I will be blessed with a baby of our own:dance:

Spraying baby dust to all you lovely people :wave:

If anyone has any similar stories or advice I would love to hear it.

Hi Betty

I think age is just a number.

I suggest you have a good detox/ fertility boost. Organic food, tons of water and sports.

Have you ever tried for baby before? x

Hi Charlotte no this is my first time trying I've never conceived before so I'm not sure if I can or not, I always had heavy period and had numerous scans done and was told everything was fine. I'm considering asking my GP about clymod but unsure if I can get it from them or if I need to go private. Thanks for the advice.

I'd stay away from drugs if possible. Since you have just started then don't worry about it.

Make sure you don't use KY jelly and dtd at the right time of your cycle.

So exciting :) x

Hi Betty, I am also 43yrs old and trying to conceive my 4th baby, but it will be my first with my partner and our last baby. I'm sorry to hear about your cycles, it might be worth trying evening primrose oil, there's a lady on here with a long cycle and it has made her have a normal cycle, it produces prostaglandins that us ladies need to regulate and maintain our menstrual cycle x

Hi, Betty.

I agree with Charlotte; age is just a number. There are many women on here younger than you but going through the same issues. I'm 33 and sound very similar to you in that my cycles are irregular and they have been a long time. It's understandable to fear the whole age thing; society puts that stress on us as women in spades.

I work with plenty of ladies who became first time mums in their 40s (a lady I know is 50 this year and has three kids under 8). So don't write yourself off yet; yes, there will be challenges and it's not likely to be easy, but it's rarely easy from what I've seen on here.

All the very best and sprinting dust back over you xx

Last edited:
Thanks ladies very kind words from you's both x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27